Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
There's no such offence as gay rape, Boboff - or straight rape - it's just rape...
Bonanzoid wrote:Rape charges seem to be all the rage nowadays.

Normally the idea that the "Tories are on their way out" fills me with hope and excitement - this time I'm just wondering who or what is going to be any different. I despair of British politics at the moment.
Topher wrote:There's no such offence as gay rape, Boboff - or straight rape - it's just rape...

Ehh??

man on man, woman on woman, we could call that Gay, forced sex is rape, so I am not entirely sure your pedantry is entirely correct.

Also Toph the last guest on Jeremy Kyle today who hid in a wardrobe to catch his partner cheating looked a bit like you.

Yuds is right also, when Nigel Ferrage gets 25% of the vote we live in strange times indeed.
Ha - well, perhaps I'm being over-zealous in this case because you never mentioned the offence, just that it was a scandal. The fact is, there is legally no such thing as gay rape, rape is rape. The Mail led with 'arrested for gay rape' and lots of people were calling them out for it.

Ha great, I look like someone on Jeremy Kyle.

I also agree, what are the * alternatives? Farage is a * who pretends to like beer to get votes and it * works! I bloody hate UKIP and everything they stand for.
Boboff wrote:
Topher wrote:There's no such offence as gay rape, Boboff - or straight rape - it's just rape...

Ehh??

man on man, woman on woman, we could call that Gay, forced sex is rape, so I am not entirely sure your pedantry is entirely correct

Toph is entirely correct. Whilst a man having consensual sex with another man is defined as gay, forced sex is rape regardless of the orientation of the alleged perpetrator. Rape and sexual assault are not about sex, they're about power - so the orientation of offenders is not an issue. After all, Jimmy Tarbuck, who has always publicly identified as straight, has been questioned (arrested? I forget) regarding the abuse of a boy, but nobody has described that as "gay abuse" or "gay paedophilia". It's just abuse.
Bonanzoid wrote:Rape charges seem to be all the rage nowadays.

It's very true that there have been lots of high profile rape accusations recently. I think it's great that the victims are finding the strength to speak out, especially against well known/liked public figures. (Although I doubt many people would describe a ToryMP as "well liked"!). The estimated number of rape/assault victims who never report their attacker is horrific (and includes me).

(sorry, double post. Trying to quote two posts while using my phone is a right pain.)
Oh can you? I may not have even downloaded the update. I'm lazy with these things.

Deadly - what if it was? You start by telling us how you think being raped would make you feel. Or maybe knowing that your mother, sister or daughter had been raped and that was fine in the eyes of the law.
Well then don't post stupid questions. Either start actual debates or just shut up. Trolling is not an acceptable middle ground.
Ahhh see, I see now, thanks Nic.

I suppose it is Rape, what ever combo, it is just that the "type" of rape is described by the use of the term Gay, but then you wouldn't precursor other rapes as "normal" or "standard" or even "straight" so I do apologize for getting that wrong.

Especially as it is a mistake I am told the Daily Mail made, which makes me feel wrong stupid and dirty, much as Deadly must feel his whole life I suspect.
Boboff wrote:Ahhh see, I see now, thanks Nic.

I suppose it is Rape, what ever combo, it is just that the "type" of rape is described by the use of the term Gay, but then you wouldn't precursor other rapes as "normal" or "standard" or even "straight" so I do apologize for getting that wrong.

Especially as it is a mistake I am told the Daily Mail made, which makes me feel wrong stupid and dirty, much as Deadly must feel his whole life I suspect.

No probs :) terminology and definitions around sexual offences are changing all the time - it's not even that long ago that it wasn't illegal for a man to rape his wife!
Rape is non consensual penetration. If you don't have a penis, you cannot commit rape.

If rape were made legal, then:

Women would be attacked, violated and used on a daily basis.

If they tried to defend themselves with violence they would be prosecuted for assault.

STD rates and population levels would soar, as well as abortion numbers.

The family unit would be difficult to maintain, meaning that society would have to make serious changes.

The age of consent would possibly be lowered due to lack of a clear visual indicator of who is 'fair game' for rape.

Men would also suffer from an increased likeliness of being a victim of rape - which would probably lead to an increased number of revenge killings/assaults.

Basically it would be awful for society as we know it. If you can't guess that then it's worrying!
Boboff wrote:Ahhh see, I see now, thanks Nic.

No I am right, intelligent and have excellent personal hygeine. Ask your wife.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]