Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Misfit
How awful has it been this year, aside from the vicar of dibley i havent laughed much at all.

also, mrs browns boys...what the hell is that shit.

EDIT: David walliams is pretty good
By JayE
I liked David Brent 10 years on as I'm a massive fan of the Office and I thought that was funny, and also I found Alan Carr and David Walliams funny. Apart from that I wasn't too keen on the other stuff.
By Misfit
theres loads of technical problems as well, how hard is it to turn microphones on?
By Longview01
Hasn't been any good for along time

Don't even bother watching it now
Last edited by Longview01 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wykey
I generally dislike the poor & poverty, and I simply cannot bear forced-jolity, faux-camaraderie, bon-homie and morons doing moronic things in the name of "comedic banter", so I try and steer clear as much as possible.
By Yudster
I never watch the Friday night broadcast because its cringey - someone else mentioned about the technical issues, and the sheer difficulty the presenters seem to have in a live broadcast situation makes it unwatchable for me. However I don't mind RND as such.

I don't donate to RND or any generic "telethon" type things as a rule, as I prefer to be able to choose for myself where my donations are spent (and there are definitely a few projects supported by Sport Relief, Comic Relief and Children in Need that I would actively not want to support) but when something really catches my imagination I do give. For instance I lost count of the number and amount of donations I made when Moyles went up Kilimanjaro.

This year I have bought a bit of merchandise, purchased a cupcake from some people selling them for RND, and financed Baby Yudster to do a non-uniform day at school to raise money for it. No direct donations on the night though.
By Wykey
Kilamanjaro and last year's Moyles show were excellent examples of 'how to do it'.

Shrieking Harridans in Sainsbury's thrusting comedy hats at me and shelf-stackers dressed as bash-street kids, is not.
By Yudster
Oh yes, the Marathon show too - that was impossible not to donate to for me. Even more so than Kilimanjaro.

Wow - just realised - today is the 2nd anniversary of the end of the Marathon Show. Remember when the team still worked together, and Chris and Dave were still mates? I'm coming over all nostalgic...
By Yudster
Exactly 2 years. Doesn't seem that long ago.
By Wykey
Yudster wrote:Exactly 2 years. Doesn't seem that long ago.

It definitely doesn't, I just assumed it was this time last year...

Eeee, dunt time fly

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]