Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Boboff
Has anyone else noticed the BT Ad with the Lad who rents out two rooms, is into Dr Who, Geekdom, and pedantic's could be our very own Bruvva?

He's even called Simon...... Surely far too much of a co-incense?

Still that birds well fit!
By Bruvva
"Coincidence", "birds" should have an apostrophe and the use of "pedantic" there actually hurts me before I even mention the abuse of the apostrophe. ;)

And she's too skinny. Quite like the mum though.
By dimtimjim
I too noticed quite a few errors in bobs post, but just figured he'd been on the sauce...
By Nicola_Red
The mum plays the wife's sister in Outnumbered, does she not? I don't think the female flatmate is particularly fit though. Also, and I'm sure Bruvva won't mind me pointing this out, he's somewhat older than the students in the ad...
By Bruvva
Nicola_Red wrote:The mum plays the wife's sister in Outnumbered, does she not? I don't think the female flatmate is particularly fit though. Also, and I'm sure Bruvva won't mind me pointing this out, he's somewhat older than the students in the ad...

Which is why I was looking at the mum in that ad...Flatmate is WAY too young.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:Which is why I was looking at the mum in that ad...Flatmate is WAY too young.

Seems bobert doesn't share your views on acceptability!

SIMM.

I've not seen the ad, so couldn't comment on either of the lasses, but if she's too young for Bruv... I think even yuds is too young for Bob! :wink:
By Nicola_Red
I'm sure the actress is older, but as the flatmates are meant to be students, they're supposed to be aged 18-21.
By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote: they're supposed to be aged 18-21.

Exactly, 40 years younger than Bob! 8O
By Nicola_Red
The actress is called Rebecca Night and she's actually 28. Here's a pic (evidently not from the ads):

By dimtimjim
Meh, i've seen (had?) better...
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, me too.
By Yudster
The recent advert with Simon and his mum REALLY annoys me. The first thing he says is "back so soon?", which clearly implies that she has been there before, recently. Therefore she presumably should know that he has a female flatmate and that three of them live together in the flat, but she is talking and behaving as though the existence of them is news to her. And even if she HADN'T been there before, she's his mum, surely she would have a pretty good idea of where her student son was living, and with whom?

It gives me the irrits.
By Boboff
WTF is co-incence?????????

Seriously, sober that was dire!

My Apologies!

She is fit, and age is only a number.
By dimtimjim
boboff wrote:She is fit, and age is only a number.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I do have a follow up comment, but frankly its too tasteless to commit to text.
By MK Chris
Yudster wrote:The recent advert with Simon and his mum REALLY annoys me. The first thing he says is "back so soon?", which clearly implies that she has been there before, recently. Therefore she presumably should know that he has a female flatmate and that three of them live together in the flat, but she is talking and behaving as though the existence of them is news to her. And even if she HADN'T been there before, she's his mum, surely she would have a pretty good idea of where her student son was living, and with whom?

It gives me the irrits.

Umm, it's an advert, not a Stephen Moffat masterpiece...!
By Boboff
It's like they have on purpose used a fictional family dynamic to highlight the benefits of a product they are trying to sell!

The Bastards!
By Yudster
Its a series advert - the least they could do would be to apply some continuity.
By chrysostom
I agree.

Also, the dialogue/acting doesn't make it very clear that his mother is visiting unexpectedly - and if she knows that he's at University then it would only be natural to be living with other people who you're not 'involved' with, making her 'how modern' comment even more ridiculous.

While I quite liked the other adverts, this is the worst so far.
By MK Chris
It's relatively rare that I watch commercial TV and even rarer that it's live... I nearly always fast forward through any ads I come across.
By Yudster
chrysostom wrote:I agree.

Also, the dialogue/acting doesn't make it very clear that his mother is visiting unexpectedly - and if she knows that he's at University then it would only be natural to be living with other people who you're not 'involved' with, making her 'how modern' comment even more ridiculous.

While I quite liked the other adverts, this is the worst so far.

But the whole "Back so soon?" thing - she has obviously been there before, and recently - so why is she behaving as though she has no idea of her son's circumstances?
By Yudster
I know - its utterly ridiculous but every time I see the damn ad I get annoyed! Saddo, I am.
By R94N
I also saw one of the guys from those adverts on Black Mirror, the most recent episode. Not sure which is which.
By a-moron
dimtimjim wrote:
boboff wrote:She is fit, and age is only a number.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I do have a follow up comment, but frankly its too tasteless to commit to text.
boboff wrote:Whisper it to Badger....

*Still waiting to be whispered.*