Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By a-moron
JayE wrote:
theflyingbadger wrote:
Deadly wrote:I want to have as much sex as possible with as many different woman as I can.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Ha.

Haha.

Crack.

That's a term for lady penis.

Genius.

Oh dear.
By dimtimjim
The amazing and oft uncredited Yuddles wrote: or if you can stand the boredom of it, swimming.

Much less boring with a waterproof MP3 player... :)

Otherwise, no resolutions - tis a silly tradition.
Last edited by dimtimjim on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Yudster
dimtimjim wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote: or if you can stand the boredom of it, swimming.

Much less boring with a waterproof MP3 player... :)

Otherwise, no resolutions - tis a silly tradition.

I'm sure it was me who wrote that.
By dimtimjim
It was. Humph, messed up my first quote of 2013. Soz.
By Yudster
Well, start as you mean to go on, eh?
By Bruvva
The Yudster is right, swimming is deathly dull. Running is so much better...even if it does knacker your knees.
By James H
Not exactly resolutions, more something I decided to do yesterday.
1) Eat breakfast every day (I think the last time I did that I was in school!)
2) No alcohol for at least January (which SUCKS as my birthday is on the 12th)
3) Maybe actually do some exercise!
By Bruvva
Have booze on your Birthday, silly. Then go back to not drinking.
By Nicola_Red
My birthday is on the 16th! I don't drink much anyway, but I intend to have at least a couple of expensive c0cktails.
By Latina
Apologies to anyone who follows me on Twitter and is reading this a second time...

1) Play my guitar, which I haven't really done for 5 years. I have a lot of musically talented friends and was just about good enough to jam with them once upon a time, but I've been out of practice/confidence in recent years.
2) Pass my driving test.
3) Start seriously considering if I'm still happy in my job/location, and make a plan of action if not - either way, start a LinkedIn account and update my CV.
4) Dance more. Not just more nights out involving a dance floor, but preferably also dance lessons if anything is available around here. I've missed it since School/Uni.
By James H
Latina wrote:1) Play my guitar, which I haven't really done for 5 years. I have a lot of musically talented friends and was just about good enough to jam with them once upon a time, but I've been out of practice/confidence in recent years.

Interestingly, I got an electric guitar + amp + a copy of Rocksmith for Christmas, I've always wanted to play a proper guitar, so I thought getting a game that was similar to the Rock Band / Guitar Hero I know and love was a good way to start at least!
By Johnny 1989
Nicola_Red wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Hopefully get a girlfriend

I don't think you can really resolve to get a girlfriend. You can resolve to put yourself out there more, do more social activities etc and/or make yourself more emotionally available, but these things just happen when they're meant to happen, I think. Bearing in mind I'm now in love with someone I've been friends with for ten years - if you'd told me this time last year that I'd be in this situation now, I'd have laughed at you :)

Yeah I think you've wrote it better than me to be honest Nic, I need to be more confident & get myself out there, however I have been waiting for things to happen for the last couple of years and yet nothing has come of it.

I think that's rather great that you found love with a long term friend, happened to a couple of friends of mine they've been together a few years now and get on wonderfully. :)
By Zoot
I don't have a resolution as such, more of a target - This year (as a few of you already know) I'm determined to write and illustrate a children's book. I'm not doing it just to get it published and make some money, I just want to prove to myself it's something I can do, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I have a few ideas, but nothing set in concrete yet.

Watch this space...
By Nicola_Red
Johnny 1989 wrote:I have been waiting for things to happen for the last couple of years and yet nothing has come of it.

Urgh, I know that feeling. I've felt like that for at least the last two years. Have you thought about online dating at all? I kept considering it and then rejecting the idea, but I suspect I'd have gone for it eventually if I hadn't got together with Mr Red.
By bmstinton93
Zoot wrote:I don't have a resolution as such, more of a target - This year (as a few of you already know) I'm determined to write and illustrate a children's book. I'm not doing it just to get it published and make some money, I just want to prove to myself it's something I can do, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I have a few ideas, but nothing set in concrete yet.

Watch this space...

Ever thought of writing a story about a wizard who goes to a wizarding school? Sounds like a good concept to me.
By Johnny 1989
Nicola_Red wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:I have been waiting for things to happen for the last couple of years and yet nothing has come of it.

Urgh, I know that feeling. I've felt like that for at least the last two years. Have you thought about online dating at all? I kept considering it and then rejecting the idea, but I suspect I'd have gone for it eventually if I hadn't got together with Mr Red.

Yeah I did sign up to one last year that a friend recommended to me, although due to work, etc. I haven't checked it for months, I should really start using it again.
By Yudster
If you do an online service don't bother with one of the cheap-shit ones, they are rubbish. Go with Match.com or something that you actually have to pay for - they are the real deal. So I'm reliably informed.
By James H
Yudster wrote:If you do an online service don't bother with one of the cheap-shit ones, they are rubbish. Go with Match.com or something that you actually have to pay for - they are the real deal. So I'm reliably informed.

Match.com was rubbish for me, and I was signed up for a year! Try OkCupid.
By Yudster
Match was the only one I could think of - I was just saying the ones that offer the earth for nothing are lying. If you want a professional, high quality service you won't get it for nothing.
By MK Chris
I don't make New Year's resolutions. Also, New Year is overrated... although the Big Fat Quiz of the Year is ALWAYS ace.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]