Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By a-moron
On the drive to work this morning I nearly came a cropper due to some complete * performing a stupidly dangerous overtaking manoeuvre on a blind corner.

Some * wee * driving a souped up bawbag mobile decided doing 60mph on a road that's speed limit is 60mph is not going nearly fast enough. So he pulls out, gives it some, only to see a big * off truck coming round the corner.
He shits it and cuts me right off. I mean, like a bawhair away from clipping me. Split second earlier, I'm spinning into the path of that big * truck.
The A77 is a notoriously dangerous road to drive in the first place without wee * rockets banging about.

My point -
I was travelling 60mph.
* was wanting to do 70mph.

My miles / minute = 1
His proposed miles / minute = 1.16666666

Over a space of 10 minutes he would have covered 1.66666 miles more than me.
Time it would take me to cover that 1.666666 miles whilst travelling at 60mph?
100 seconds. 100 seconds! I can piss for that long in the morning.

So to conclude, if you too are a * when it comes to driving and feel the need to use aggressive overtaking manoeuvres and excessive speeds on dangerous roads bear this in mind -
It takes you 10 minutes to gain a 100 second advantage. You're not really getting to where you're going that much quicker are you?
So be safe. Don't be a *.
By MK Chris
What he said. Hope you're ok - did it shake you up a bit? It would me... I hope you justifiably honked the * out of your horn and flashed your lights at him.
By a-moron
Aye sir. It did sir. All groovy though sir. Thanks.
And I did indeed flash the * out of him. Could've been arrested for indecent exposure the amount of flashing that was going on.
By Nicola_Red
Something almost identical happened to the bf last weekend. He was pretty shaken up by it too. Glad you're okay Badger.
By MadTheEddos
Arseholes like that on the roads are a pet hate of mine. Total disrespect for the safety of others. Saying that, they're probably too * stupid to understand what safety means. There's loads of them in the Dundee/Fife area.

Glad you're alright Badge. As said already, you must've got a shock!
By Yudster
Glad about 2 things - that Badger didn't get hurt, and that he wrote that post which made a great point seriously yet entertainingly. I do like a good bit of writing.
By DevilsDuck
Sorry badge!

I shouldn't joke, I lost a very close friend to a drink/drive offence a few years ago
By nade
I found the meaning in among all the * there. The A77 used to be mental when it had the dual carriage way without any central reservation. Glad you're all ok tho Badger.

Not enough use of bawbag in common day language i think, except whenever I call my little brother.
By dimtimjim
Wow, a post close to my own heart. Firstly, thank jeff Sir Badger is ok. Secondly, due to the mileage I do each year, I see so much of this stuff it sickens me. People really don't realise the destructive power of the automobile.

I started a similar thread myself a few years ago after a paticuarly gruesome pile up happened right in front of me where people lost their lives. I have seen more horrific scenes since, but not mentioned it as a few other board members (who shall remain nameless) pounced on me for 'scare mongering', completely missing the point I was trying to make; arguing cars have 'crumple zones' and all that bollocks. Crumple zones are all well and good, but inaffective when you have a 48 tonne HGV ramping over your car.

Badger was victim of stupid driving, but in my opinion, far worse than this is inattentive driving. The things I see on a daily basis are shocking. The few completely horrific scenes I have now seen I shall take to my grave. Truly horrible.

So, to back up his great badgerness, take care out there people, you have no idea what a deadly weapon a motorised vehicle can be.
By dimtimjim
boboff wrote:Nick

:D

Saturday show is up