Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By a-moron
Oh snap!

Wait.

Let's just back up a moment.

Hey!
You're talking about me.
By catherine
Chris wrote:... but don't use the fact someone has the permission to moderate as a grounds to attack them.

Can moderators also not use their position to threaten members with banning etc? Obviously it can be needed and appropriate to do so, recently I've seen it happen when it is really just a personal disagreement or a little spat.

I haven't read any posts which are attacks towards an individual just because they are a moderator but I don't read the whole forum. Moderators do donate time and effort to the site which is appreciated by most on the board, I'm sure.
By Nicola_Red
If you can provide examples of this (ie, not a ban threat as a result of breaking a forum rule) I'm sure Chris will happily look into them.
By DevilsDuck
Can we just leave it now and move on! I'm bored of it
By Chris
Anyone is free to complain to me about any moderator misusing their 'authority'.

For years nobody at all was banned, if the user isn't spamming the forum then I see little reason to ban anyone else (Viv excluded). The rules tell you what not to do, they don't say you'll be banned if you break them once.

If, on the other hand, it's me you wish to complain about then you're probably out of luck :)

Essentially - please all try to get on, that's all I want. It makes my life SO much easier.

p.s. Catherine, you're lucky I didn't ban you for that whole wedding invite thing. Grrr.

p.p.s DevilsDuck, thanks for reporting this post. I almost banned myself.
By chrysostom
Are we allowed to request bans for ourselves for specific periods of time? We'd have that on another forum I was on when exams etc. came along.

Just to stop the temptation of posting. If the forum is just going to be splitting hairs, complaining and arguing I may need a break for a week or so!
By Nicola_Red
You could if you want to, although you'd have to rely on me getting your twitter message or text to unban you when you needed it, and not forgetting for like three days :)
By dimtimjim
Chris wrote:
Deadly wrote:I have a slight issue with Chris James being back here as he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson but that's just personal opinion.

And you're right about that - he was banned once, he sneaked back in, he's lucky not to be banned again just for that. Thin ice is probably a fair comment on the situation.

And seamingly (from posts already written) not learned anything from said previous banning...

Oh well, surely won't be long before we are 'threatened' with his depature, again.
By a-moron
Why's Nic revealing information of a sensitive nature to you and Deadly though? What the * is that all about? Me no likey the sound of that.

Also Chrys is the one on the left of his Avatar.
By a-moron
Nobody.

Just messing with you.

*Puts away his internet pokey stick*
By DevilsDuck
and then I said...thats not a cow and you're not milking!
By Chris
For a long time users on this forum didn't have the permission to delete or edit their own posts. My thinking was that it would make everyone think that little bit more carefully about what they post - after all, what has been seen cannot be unseen, no matter if it's later deleted/amended.

I'm wondering if going back to that might not be a good idea.
By Nicola_Red
chrysostom wrote:The deletion going on is confusing me.

Who was asking about me?!

Sorry. I've deleted haphazardly this morning, as someone asked me to delete their posts (and just to make a liar of Chris saying that posts are almost never deleted!). But it should all be calm again now.
By DevilsDuck
Chris wrote:For a long time users on this forum didn't have the permission to delete or edit their own posts. My thinking was that it would make everyone think that little bit more carefully about what they post - after all, what has been seen cannot be unseen, no matter if it's later deleted/amended.

I'm wondering if going back to that might not be a good idea.

maybe

Edit: No

Edit: Yes

Edit: what do you mean?
By chrysostom
I'd love to be a mod. I'd be drunk on power within days and editing people's posts for my own amusement.

[yep, i can see how that could work]
94082-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-my-little-pony.jpg
By DevilsDuck
Like all the other mods then!

*I jest of course
By northernsteve
Have to echo everything that's been said about moderating being a thankless job - every single decision a mod makes is going to piss somebody off, be it the person whose post you're editing/deleting/moving/merging or the person who reported the post which you didn't feel it needed any action taking.
By a-moron
I have reported this posts as it indicates Mod'ing is a thankless task.
This is a lie. I am quite sure, somebody, somewhere has said thank you.

Stop with lies goddamnit.
Thank You.
By Chris
I've banned northernsteve, how dare he.

I've also banned theflyingbadger for being kind enough to report it.

And DevilsDuck as he posted just above.

And Chrysostom for making no comment on the my little pony artwork.
By a-moron
Chris wrote:I've also banned theflyingbadger for being kind enough to report it.

At last. Good bloody riddance.

Chris wrote:And Chrysostom for making no comment on the my little pony artwork.

I thought Chrys had added that himself.

He does enjoy an attachment.
By catherine
Chris wrote:
And Chrysostom for making no comment on the my little pony artwork.

Oh you did that! I thought it was a bit random.
By DevilsDuck
If I wasn't banned I would say:

Oh now I get the picture!
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up