Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrysostom
Topher wrote:We were so disappointed when this was cancelled - watched it when it was first on, thought it was the best new comedy in bloody ages. So sad that it was cancelled when Mrs Brown's * Boys was recommissioned - Davies thought so too, I remember him saying on Twitter it was the biggest disappointment of his career.

I'll take this to the TV thread so Nic doesn't explode.
By The Deadly
flyingbadger wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Has anyone seen Django Unchained? Day off and need something to do so might watch it. I've heard good things about it but I'm not really a Tarantino fan.

Do you own an Ipad or have access to a PC?

Do you have unlimited broadband or a * tonne of usage allowance?

If so get yourself onto muchmovies.org (I will forever be grateful to Zoot for this recommendation).

It only works if you're watching it through an iPod/Pad/Phone browser but you can use Firefox to change your user agent.
Click on the add-ons on the Firefox home page, search for user agents, download one (I use User Agent Switcher). Set your default user agent to iPhone3 with this Add-On and * - Thousands of movies at your disposal.
Some aren't even available on DVD here yet.

You. Are. Welcome.

EDIT -
Oh. It's 100% legit. No pirate bay/torrent & dean/viruses aplenty bollocks.

Good call. I'll take you out for breakfast.
By flyingbadger
I'll have a bacon sandwich please.
Without the bread thanks (it bloats me).
Best cut the fat off the bacon as well (watching the cholesterol).
And I best probably only have one slice of bacon as it's got high salt content.

Ahh * it.

Just pass me a plate with some brown sauce on it.

Cheers Mucho.
By JayE
Watched Non-Stop at the cinema today. Really good edge of your seat stuff. Liam Neeson was awesome throughout.

7/10
By Badger Mark
Saw the new Captain America movie last night, and I thought it was pretty good. Very loud though. A very high body count by the end of it all.
By flyingbadger
Anyone else seen "The Raid =Redemption="?
Watched it 3 times now in the past 4 days.
HOLY * NUT BALLS WHIT AH MOVIE
THE best action movie I think I've ever seen.
Non stop * mentalness from start to finish.
Not for the weak of stomach I have to say but by * Jimmy Crickett is it a totes amazepunchface movie.

Movie gush over.
By dimtimjim
Nope, I've not; but with a recommendation from decent upstanding chap like yourself, I shall look it up...
By dimtimjim
Me n 'er indoors went to see Lucy last night (Odeon 2 for £10 voucher) - good start and middle, weird/dodgy ending. Unless you really want to see sexy Scarlet on the big screen, I advise you wait for the DVD...

Also been to see Inbetweeners 2 (hence the 2 for 10 voucher) recently, few genuine laugh out loud moments, but not as good as the first film.
By bmstinton93
dimtimjim wrote:Also been to see Inbetweeners 2 (hence the 2 for 10 voucher) recently, few genuine laugh out loud moments, but not as good as the first film.

Really? I thought it was much better, particularly the water park section.
By dimtimjim
Yes, really. Waterpark was a :lol: moment, and it had a lot of Ew! (yuk!) moments but overall I thought the first film was better. I thought this one was more cheap-laugh-cash-in than thought out story; especially the ending.
By Topher
I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy. Really really.

I have heard better things about The Inbetweeners 2... the first film was a bit weak.
By dimtimjim
Topher wrote:I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy. Really really.

I have heard better things about The Inbetweeners 2... the first film was a bit weak.

GotG is meant to be really good, do it.

And to be fair, neither 'betweeners film is world-changing stuff, but they're both funny enough and a good way to spend 90 minutes. But, if you thought first one was weak, don't go expecting too much of No2. Good, yes, Great, no.
By chrysostom
dimtimjim wrote:GotG is meant to be really good, do it.

It's SOOO good! Do it, the lack of prior films with these characters in makes the whole experience really refreshing. No heavy origin stories, just a great interaction between an interesting group.
By Nicola_Red
Saw Let's Be Cops at the weekend and enjoyed it. A silly, funny, non-mentally-taxing film, and especially good if you're a New Girl fan.
By JayE
Watched Deliver Us From Evil last week. I have never liked horror films but when I saw the trailer for this I I wanted to see it for some reason. Eric Bana was awesome in this film which I expected because he has been great in everything I've ever seen him in. Made me jump a lot and I was hooked on the story throughout. The exorcism scene looked amazing. Definitely recommend.

9/10
By Badger Mark
My wife and I saw Gone Girl this weekend. Originally had no interest in seeing it as neither of us had ever read the book. But heard it reviewed on the Kermode/Mayo show and it changed my mind. Both of us really liked it. Definitely worth seeing IMO.