Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Topher
I am also excited for the second Hunger Games - might have to rewatch the first actually before the second one comes out.

Saw We're the Millers on Saturday, funniest film I've seen in ages.
By JayE
I finally watched The World's End last night. I absolutely loved it, easily my favourite out of The entire Trilogy. Best film I've seen in a while.
By dimtimjim
JayE wrote:I finally watched The World's End last night. I absolutely loved it, easily my favourite out of The entire Trilogy. Best film I've seen in a while.

Interesting. I enjoyed it, but did think it was the weakest of the trilogy... SotD, HF then tWE for me. Although, none of them are as good as Paul, I think.
By Badger Mark
For me its SotD, WE and then HF. HF had some very moments but overall I thought it just wasn't that funny.
By JayE
dimtimjim wrote:
JayE wrote:I finally watched The World's End last night. I absolutely loved it, easily my favourite out of The entire Trilogy. Best film I've seen in a while.

Interesting. I enjoyed it, but did think it was the weakest of the trilogy... SotD, HF then tWE for me. Although, none of them are as good as Paul, I think.

I just loved the fact that it was different to the other 2, this time is was Simon Pegg playing the idiot character and Nick Frost was playing the more wiser character, and it had so many Laugh Out Loud moments I literally laughed through the entire film.
By Topher
JayE wrote:more wiser

*wiser
By dimtimjim
JayE wrote: this time is was Simon Pegg playing the idiot character and Nick Frost was playing the more wiser character.

Yeah, I think that's actually the reason I liked it less.... Wasn't keen on Pegg's character.
By Badger Mark
Wasn't sure about putting this here or in the tv thread, but I watched An adventure in Space in Time last night. This is the TV movie about the creation of Dr. Who back in 1963. David Bradley was perfectly cast as William Hartnell. Except for one little scene right at the end, I thought the movie was excellent.
By slaphead1982
Badger Mark wrote:Wasn't sure about putting this here or in the tv thread, but I watched An adventure in Space in Time last night. This is the TV movie about the creation of Dr. Who back in 1963. David Bradley was perfectly cast as William Hartnell. Except for one little scene right at the end, I thought the movie was excellent.

I think I know what scene you're on about. I thought it was a good idea but it did sway off the course of what the show was meant to be though.
By Badger Mark
Yep - I think we're talking about the same scene. It took me completely out of the movie. Somebody, somewhere thought this was a good idea, but it really wasn't.
By bmstinton93
Watched the 2nd Hunger Games today. For me, far better and far more exciting than the first one and the end definitely set up for an awesome 3rd film.
By dimtimjim
We watched Man of Steel over the weekend, its quite good, but not as good as I was hoping...

Also, booked tickets today to take the family to see Hobbit part 2 this coming weekend!! Whoop! Although, was ruddy £56 all in, which is ridiculous if you ask me - wouldn't do it if it wasn't a 'Christmas treat' for the family.
By Badger Mark
This has been inactive for a few weeks. We watched Despicable Me 2 last night. Very, very funny. I loved it.
By JayE
I watched Kick Ass 2 a few weeks ago. I was really dissapointed with it. The first one was brilliant and this one just didn't meet my expectations. A fun film to watch the once I'd say. 6/10
By Badger Mark
Finally got around to seeing the first Hunger Games movie last night. I thought it was pretty good. Never having read the books I didn't have any preconceived notions about it. I've thought about reading them but I've heard the 3rd book is pretty disappointing. The movie did make me want to see the second movie though.
By Badger Mark
Saw The LEGO Movie over the weekend. Really liked it a lot. Very entertaining, but really crazy. Don't see this if you've been drinking or taking other mind-altering substances.
By swaddon1903
I also went to see the LEGO Movie, and I thought it was very good. The song 'Everything is Awesome' is still stuck in my head, though.
By Badger Mark
swaddon1903 wrote:I also went to see the LEGO Movie, and I thought it was very good. The song 'Everything is Awesome' is still stuck in my head, though.

It's an awful song. But it's perfectly designed to stay in your head long after the movie is over.
By chrysostom
Badger Mark wrote:Finally got around to seeing the first Hunger Games movie last night. I thought it was pretty good. Never having read the books I didn't have any preconceived notions about it. I've thought about reading them but I've heard the 3rd book is pretty disappointing. The movie did make me want to see the second movie though.

Really interested in how they're going to cope with Philip Seymour Hoffman's loss, as Plutarch is such a key character
By The Deadly
Has anyone seen Django Unchained? Day off and need something to do so might watch it. I've heard good things about it but I'm not really a Tarantino fan.
By chrysostom
Do you have Netflix? If so, I'd advise watching Alan Davies' 'Whites'

Very cleverly written, with a high standard of acting - and actually funny. Phenomenal production costs though, so there'll be no second series :(
By The Deadly
I did have Netflix. Got rid when Breaking Bad finished. I've never heard of Whites before but I quite like Alan Davies so I'll hunt it down at some point. All I have now for on demand films is the Sky on demand but the selection isn't the best.
By Topher
chrysostom wrote:Do you have Netflix? If so, I'd advise watching Alan Davies' 'Whites'

Very cleverly written, with a high standard of acting - and actually funny. Phenomenal production costs though, so there'll be no second series :(

We were so disappointed when this was cancelled - watched it when it was first on, thought it was the best new comedy in bloody ages. So sad that it was cancelled when Mrs Brown's * Boys was recommissioned - Davies thought so too, I remember him saying on Twitter it was the biggest disappointment of his career.
By flyingbadger
The Deadly wrote:Has anyone seen Django Unchained? Day off and need something to do so might watch it. I've heard good things about it but I'm not really a Tarantino fan.

Do you own an Ipad or have access to a PC?

Do you have unlimited broadband or a * tonne of usage allowance?

If so get yourself onto muchmovies.org (I will forever be grateful to Zoot for this recommendation).

It only works if you're watching it through an iPod/Pad/Phone browser but you can use Firefox to change your user agent.
Click on the add-ons on the Firefox home page, search for user agents, download one (I use User Agent Switcher). Set your default user agent to iPhone3 with this Add-On and * - Thousands of movies at your disposal.
Some aren't even available on DVD here yet.

You. Are. Welcome.

EDIT -
Oh. It's 100% legit. No pirate bay/torrent & dean/viruses aplenty bollocks.
Last edited by flyingbadger on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]