Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrysostom
Yudster wrote:it was a genuine question Chrysostom!

Sorry! I was more annoyed at my poor turn of phrase!

Yudster wrote:I have also seen the woman who does Lisa Simpson's voice in a guest role in one episode, and is the other friend, the one who isn't Mayim Bialek, the one from Will and Grace?

She plays someone who interviews Sheldon for a job when he looks to be 'normal' to ease his brain while he's stuck on solving his equation :D she is good as a grumpy office woman, she was the secretary in Dharma and Greg (if anyone else actually watched that...?) and was very funny.

Bernadette's actress has only been in True Blood according to wiki. Productive day at the office.
By Yudster
Yep, that was the episode! SUCH a distinctive voice, and its always weird to see it coming out of a real woman! And I also used to love Dharma and Greg, although I think it had a lot of flaws as a sitcom. And I always wanted Jenna Elfmann to be married to Danny Elfmann, but he is her uncle-in-law or something. And she is a Scientologist, so she can * off.
By Nicola_Red
I think Yuds had Melissa Rauch mixed up with Megan Mullally. I'm not sure who that's more flattering to as Megan Mullally is 54.
By Yudster
Like I said, I can't bear Will and Grace so I was really only aware of a small squeaky presence.
By Bas
Sarah Chalke, who was the older daughter (off & on) in Roseanne was in Scrubs for an eternity.
John Goodman has been in everything.
The mother is dead now.
The older daughters boyfriend & Roseanne herself are the only two regulars that you don't see these days. At least over here.
By Nicola_Red
DevilsDuck wrote:Why did you just ruin TBBT?

Vegans!

Vegans are here to ruin everything. We're all up in your tv shows, books, films. Don't forget that Woody Harrelson, badass zombie killer, is a vegan.

Bas wrote:The older daughters boyfriend & Roseanne herself are the only two regulars that you don't see these days. At least over here.

What about Lecy Goranson, the original Becky? I don't think I've seen her in anything in recent years. Or nothing I can think of anyway.
By Yudster
Lecy Goranson came back as Becky didn't she? Sarah Chalke had a couple of seasons at most I thought...?
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, they alternated in the later seasons.
By MK Chris
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Flowery Twats
Porridge
Open All Hours
The Two Ronnies
One Foot in the Grave
Gavin and Stacey
Big Bang Theory

LOVE old(ish) British comedies.
By Nicola_Red
Topher wrote:Mine would all be very predictable - old comedies:

Only Fools (of course)
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers

Now as with nicola_red, those aren't exactly below the radar, but there are also some vastly underrated comedies of old such as:

Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister
Porridge
The Good Life
Open All Hours

Topher wrote:Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Flowery Twats
Porridge
Open All Hours
The Two Ronnies
One Foot in the Grave
Gavin and Stacey
Big Bang Theory

LOVE old(ish) British comedies.

No change since the last post then :)
By MK Chris
Ah I didn't look back. I missed out Yes Minister and The Good Life though.
By Nicola_Red
Actually you've added TBBT to the list so that is one change I didn't spot! It's the top-rated TV show in the US at the moment, so it isn't a surprise that it's so popular over here too. I think I just watch it with a more critical eye than some people - but then I do that with a lot of things. I do like to analyse everything.
By chrysostom
Heh, just flicked a few pages back and found this:

Deadly wrote:I take great pride in saying I've never watched Lost, Soprano's , 24 or Mad Men.

Deadly wrote:I take pride in knowing I am not a sheep who gets excited by a poorly written but good looking US drama series. I have seen bits and pieces of a few of the shows I mentioned and I am basing my opinion on what I've seen.

Earlier today:

Deadly wrote:I'm about to start watching 24.

By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:Heh, just flicked a few pages back and found this:

Deadly wrote:I take great pride in saying I've never watched Lost, Soprano's , 24 or Mad Men.

Deadly wrote:I take pride in knowing I am not a sheep who gets excited by a poorly written but good looking US drama series. I have seen bits and pieces of a few of the shows I mentioned and I am basing my opinion on what I've seen.

Earlier today:

Deadly wrote:I'm about to start watching 24.

Ah but I am watching it after all the buzz has gone so its ok now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
By Yudster
I've got the new US drama Arrow on series link but I haven't started watching it yet. Anyone seen it? Any good?
By jocky85
Too late now for anyone else to get into but the first series of Revenge just finished on E4 - did anyone else watch it?

I've also just started watching Perception on Watch
By Nicola_Red
I thought Revenge looked awful! But it may be the way E4 trail it :)

Speaking of E4, I quite like Suburgatory and I've developed a crush on Jeremy Sisto, who plays the dad and was formerly in Six Feet Under. To the Beautiful People thread, in fact!
By a-moron
chrysostom wrote:The intense guy with the neckerchief is awesome.

By Latina
I just found out that ITV4 is going to showing Cheers (from episode one), Monday to Friday as of the 29th. Two episodes each night from 7pm. :D

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]