Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Badger Mark
flyingbadger wrote:
Topher wrote:Yes and next week you are getting Agents of SHIELD series 3 in the states, so I shall be getting that as soon as it appears.

That's one I didn't really get in to. Gave up after a few episodes.
Worth giving it another go?

Many gave up on it after the first few episodes, but the show staged an incredible turn around halfway through the first season. That turn around coincided with the Captain America Winter Soldier movie. They took elements of that movie and wove it into the main plot. It then became a really solid, exciting show. The 2nd season was equally as strong IMO. If you can get through that first half of season one, I don't think you'll be disappointed by the end of it all.

I'd also recommend the mini-spin off series Agent Carter. Only 8 episodes and it was also very good.
By flyingbadger
Badger Mark wrote:Many gave up on it after the first few episodes, but the show staged an incredible turn around halfway through the first season. That turn around coincided with the Captain America Winter Soldier movie. They took elements of that movie and wove it into the main plot. It then became a really solid, exciting show. The 2nd season was equally as strong IMO. If you can get through that first half of season one, I don't think you'll be disappointed by the end of it all.

I'd also recommend the mini-spin off series Agent Carter. Only 8 episodes and it was also very good.

Cool, sounds like I should give it another go then. Appreciate the info.
Funnily enough I just watched epsiode 1 of Agent Carter last night.
Spooky or whatnot.
By Topher
Yes, loved Agent Carter too.

Jarvis is played by the guy who played a very different character in series 2 of Broadchurch - good actor.
By Badger Mark
Topher wrote:Yes, loved Agent Carter too.

Jarvis is played by the guy who played a very different character in series 2 of Broadchurch - good actor.

Definitely very different from the Jarvis character! I thought the first series of Broadchurch was a bit better than series 2 (we had it on BBCA here in the states), but I still thought it was very good. Curious to see where they go with the 3rd series.
By MadTheEddos
Since we can listen to the Moyles show though the TV via Virgin Media and similar(as I'm doing right now), maybe that qualifies it for a mention here... LOL.
By Badger Mark
Here's two more trailers for the upcoming Netflix show Jessica Jones. It's another Marvel character. The second of 4 Marvel shows coming to Netflix (Daredevil being the first).

By Topher
It has a LOT to live up to.
By Badger Mark
Pretty much everything one needs to know about the Jessica Jones backstory. I forgot to mention that David Tennant is going to be playing the role of a really creepy villain in the Netflix adaptation of the comic. That alone makes it worth watching IMO. This article also talks a little bit about Luke Cage who is going to be the subject of the 3rd Netflix/Marvel collaboration coming in the future.

http://io9.com/everything-you-need-to-k ... socialflow
By Topher
Tennant is an excellent actor (now I've written that I can hear it in the voice of one of Harry Enfield's Self-Righteous Brothers: "but if he came into the pub pissed up and started using blue language in front of my wife and kids... I should say OI! TENNANT! NOOOO!" Ahem, I digress, he was very good in the Harry Potter I've just watched and brilliant in Broadchurch.
By Topher
No, I don't think you have, that is a cool neighbour to have! I didn't watch Dr Who, but he has been brilliant in a number of things
By Badger Mark
Yet another Jessica Jones trailer. Netflix is really pushing this show. The big difference from the preceding trailers is that you actually see what she looks like. More importantly, David Tennant is also in this one (at least his voice). This is the best one so far IMO.

TCMS Unedited Saturday November 16th, 2019 […]

Newsbeat packages 2007-present

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone on here had any […]