Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
within 2 weeks of spending £2.4k to fix my car, a ruddy hose (turbo system) has split over the weekend... Car still drivable, but turbo won't spool up meaning i'm slow as buggery at moment... Humph.
By James H
No it was me! :(

Although I just took it to the tyre place, they told me the rim protector had done it's job and it was still structurally sound. Considering it was MOTd a week ago he recommended I superglue the rubber back on and carry on regardless, just keep an eye on it!

By dimtimjim
:lol: @ ^^ and DD comment

Nasty graze there JimmyH, stuff like that is annoying.
By dimtimjim
Honestly, I could keep this car thread going on my own. £2,400 'invested' only a few weeks ago.... Car went back into garage yesterday :cry:, not a happy bunny, but, what can I do?!

Been using water since I got it back, had to wait for suitable time to go back in so I can get a courtesy car again - back in the 'Green Meanie' for a few days... Humph.
By James H
That sucks mate! :(

I received my £80 tuning box (apparently that cheap cos it was stock clearance), it worked fine on the default setting (felt a bit more pokey), turned the potentiometer up about 1/4 of a turn, floored it - massive increase in power for the first second then BAM! Limp mode! D'oh! :(
By MK Chris
Well I got a puncture on the way into work this morning... I had to ring Zoot because his wife has the same car as me and I couldn't for the life of me find the wrench - it wasn't with the spare tyre and jack and it wasn't listed in the handbook... turns out (for all you 206 owners) it's in a little hole in the boot, if you put your hands in the boot and drag them towards you it starts to come up at the back of the car, it's in a little hole in there. Anyway, £41 later at Costco I got a new tyre. Lucky really at that price, but I just can't afford it now!
By James H
I think one my cars had the spare tyre tools tucked away like that!

Just read the fault codes from my car, looks like it's not happy with the immobiliser either:

The fuel leak one is probably more because I sent too much fuel through the common rail! Well, I hope so anyway!
By dimtimjim
James H wrote: it worked fine on the default setting (felt a bit more pokey), turned the potentiometer up about 1/4 of a turn, floored it - massive increase in power for the first second then BAM! Limp mode! D'oh! :(

A mild tee-hee-hee at this, but more seriously bad luck dude - I hate it when shiz like that happens!

Topher wrote: I couldn't for the life of me find the wrench - it wasn't with the spare tyre and jack and it wasn't listed in the handbook... turns out (for all you 206 owners) it's in a little hole in the boot, if you put your hands in the boot and drag them towards you it starts to come up at the back of the car, it's in a little hole in there.

In my old Clio, the jack and wheel wrench were under a flap, under the bonnet 8O - just where you expect to look for it.... Pleased you got sorted T.
By James H
dimtimjim wrote:
James H wrote: it worked fine on the default setting (felt a bit more pokey), turned the potentiometer up about 1/4 of a turn, floored it - massive increase in power for the first second then BAM! Limp mode! D'oh! :(

A mild tee-hee-hee at this, but more seriously bad luck dude - I hate it when shiz like that happens!

I had a bit of trial and error last night and managed to wind it down to a decent level which doesnt trigger the EML and all seems fine now, quite a load more torque! :D
By yummytummy
thinking of getting a new car but got no idea what to get. Want a small car that's automatic any suggestions?
By dimtimjim
Micra or Twingo for v-small, polo/golf group of cars (change badge depending on budget Audi > VW > Skoda/SEAT). All can be bought with Auto 'box.
By yummytummy
thanks for the suggestions gives me some ideas
By dimtimjim
Especially the TwinAir engined ones. I think they are style over substance tho, but thats my VP.
By The Deadly
yummytummy wrote:thanks for the suggestions gives me some ideas

I'll throw Mini Coopers into the mix too. I have one and its a great little car. Bit pricey though.
By James H
I was impressed with the auto on the K13 Micra, it was a CVT jobbie :)
By Tunster
Deadly wrote:
yummytummy wrote:thanks for the suggestions gives me some ideas

I'll throw Mini Coopers into the mix too. I have one and its a great little car. Bit pricey though.

Cooper S I had 3 years ago with the turbo was a beast! Drank petrol like gulping down a pint in 5 seconds if you put your foot down. Had great fun and seriously miss it.

Currently running a diesel version of the Cooper and drives amazingly well with enough grunt. Having to give it up as I'm moving into London in just over a months time :( - £250/month is just too much to bare when there's no parking and rather have a bike as my main transport.
By a-moron
Haha, keep thinking yudster is posting when it's actually tunster.

*edit -
Had a nice chat with tunster today. Nice bloke.
Unlike his similar namesake.
By Yudster
theflyingbadger wrote:Haha, keep thinking yudster is posting when it's actually tunster.

Tunster seems a lot more fun than me.
By Yudster
True. I am eternally dreary.
By dimtimjim
Car gone in again today (to somewhere local in Sheffield). Oil pressure warning light came on on the way back from London Thursday night... Keep ya fingers crossed for me please people!

Thanks, both shows are up