Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By The Deadly
We should experiment and see if what I have is still strong.
By Yudster
Not now dear. You've got a headache.
By The Deadly
You can't even follow me back on Twitter let alone get sexy........ You make me feel unloved.
By bmstinton93
Yudster wrote:Its the "when taken correctly" you need to be aware of. I would be prepared to bet that in almost all if not all cases where women on the pill have become pregnant, they haven't taken it correctly or used additional contraception when indicated (ie if they have certain illnesses which reduce the effectiveness of the pill). Don't care how strong your lads are Deadly, if there's no egg there to fertilise they're as useless as the ones that swim backwards.

That's what happened with Katie. She forgot to take it once.

Deadly wrote:You can't even follow me back on Twitter let alone get sexy........ You make me feel unloved.

Don't worry, she doesn't follow me either.
By Yudster
I don't like too much activity in my Twitter feed. I follow very few people and only allow people who I know (know who they are I mean) or who share an interest with me to follow me. And I always make sure that I am following fewer people than I follow - it makes me feel special. #sad
By Yudster
Couldn't let that one go un-noticed could I?!
By bmstinton93
Talking of the pill, is the injection 100% effective as a form of contraception?
By The Deadly
From what I am told the only 100% method of contraception is not to have sex at all. According to my girlfriend the implant or injection are the nearest to 100% though.
By Nicola_Red
No, tubal ligation (aka sterilisation), which is what I have, is the nearest to 100% at 99.5. You are correct that the only 100% method is abstinence.
By DevilsDuck
Deadly wrote:From what I am told the only 100% method of contraception is not to have sex at all.

I don't want to sound like badger... But... Buggery!
By Nicola_Red
Nope! That's wrong. Sperm are slippery little gets and will work their way round to places you don't want them to be.
By DevilsDuck
Oooooh, you better warn foot-loose!
By a-moron
charlalottie wrote:Also I can't help feel that Nicola has just thrown down a challenge to the most virile men now to see who has the magical sperm that can defy near enough impossibility.
*Waits for badger*

Nah, my sperm ain't magical, more probably alcoholic. Think that's why there is a 7 year gap between my 2 kids.
Little drunken swimmers had no damn idea where they should be headed.

DevilsDuck wrote:I don't want to sound like badger... But... Buggery!

You do really. Admit it.
By bmstinton93
For anyone who's interested today genuinely went quite well. Katie is coping really well so far while also putting effort into our relationship.
By bmstinton93
No it will happen. But everyone who knows my parents who I have told agree with me that right now isn't the right time. If I fall out with them over it then so be it.
By bmstinton93
I completely get what your saying and I almost agree but we seem to be coping and she's never once said that I need to tell them. I know I'm being a dick and really should but right now I just don't wanna face up to the fact that I have to.
By Yudster
Well, you know you should and that not doing so is going to make it worse. I know how it can feel when your head is so full of stuff swirling around that you just can't - and I mean absolutely can't - do things that you should be doing. Sometimes even important things have to be parked at the back of your brain because even more important things are shouting at you from the front. Try not to leave it too long though Ben - mainly because they're youre parents, they love you and they would hate to think that you felt you couldn't talk to them about massive things that happen to you, but also because realistically, you might need them on side in the future. Never underestimate how much they might be able to help you, practically and emotionally.
By dimtimjim
+1
By Nicola_Red
Indeed. I'm not a parent and I absolutely agree that they're gonna be really disappointed that you didn't feel you could tell them. But that ship has kinda sailed now as it's gone on for so long.
By chrysostom
Wait until the kid can speak, and he can tell your parents himself.

With an adorable child like speech impediment/mispronunciation, any news sounds good.

If possible, shoehorn the word 'P'sghetti' in. People love that.
By bmstinton93
Yudster wrote:Well, you know you should and that not doing so is going to make it worse. I know how it can feel when your head is so full of stuff swirling around that you just can't - and I mean absolutely can't - do things that you should be doing. Sometimes even important things have to be parked at the back of your brain because even more important things are shouting at you from the front. Try not to leave it too long though Ben - mainly because they're youre parents, they love you and they would hate to think that you felt you couldn't talk to them about massive things that happen to you, but also because realistically, you might need them on side in the future. Never underestimate how much they might be able to help you, practically and emotionally.

That is really constructive thank you. I guarantee it won't be left too long. We still just have a couple of teething problems in our relationship as well that we really wanna sort first as well.
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote: teething problems

Pfffft, you have no idea! Roll on REAL teething problems..! :wink:

chrysostom wrote:Wait until the kid can speak, and he can tell your parents himself.

With an adorable child like speech impediment/mispronunciation, any news sounds good.

If possible, shoehorn the word 'P'sghetti' in. People love that.

You raise a good point m'lad. Go to head of the class.
By jocky85
You're relationship doesn't have/need to be perfect before you tell your parents. No relationship is perfect.
No offence meant here but 'teething problems' sounds a bit of an excuse.

On the other side of things I hope Katie is home & settling into motherhood
By dimtimjim
Eh? Have I missed summat? Has wee lassy fired that baby out now?!!!!!

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]