Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bonanzoid
Figured I'd make this its own thread, as I'm sure this isn't to everyone's taste so they can avoid it if they want to.

So, has anyone watched it so far? I don't really know why I'm watching it now, but it's not that bad. Much more entertaining than X-Factor just due to variety. The chap who played the guitar and sang was good, even if his voice was a bit too Mariah Carey-esqe quivery. And fair play to those gay lads at being that comfortable in the open without falling in to camp stereotypes.

Oh, and that choir were brilliant. Shame about the piss-poor sob story beforehand.
By bmstinton93
Oh no. I love Britain's Got Talent. And David Walliams is great on it. I just haven't really got much more to say about it yet.
By Clarkehhh
I've seen snippets of the previous years but never really enjoyed BGT. Always thought the judges were a bad mix but this year with Walliams, I'm quite enjoying it. Won't watch it regularly but it's definitely a good laugh :)
By dimtimjim
I am curious when we will cross the line whereby these shows become socially unaccpetable... the early stages of BGT are basically 'laugh at the special people'. Whilst a lot of these people are hillarious, it is for all the wrong reasons, and you kinda have to pitty them that they have managed to get all the way onto National TV - without having someone close enough to them to sit them down and explain what they are doing is mental and will entertain NOBODY on the level they are intending.

Belief in ones abilities is not the same as blind entusiasm.
By Yudster
Are you not several years late with that observation?
By dimtimjim
Good point, well made.
By Yudster
Emmy wrote:Has anyone seen my keys and my phone?

You left them on the hall table.
By bmstinton93
Even if you aren't a fan of Britain's Got Talent then I really believe this is worth a watch. Absolutely fantastic:

By JayE
I watched all of the audition shows I think and then missed a few and then stopped watching completely , so has it finished now?
Last edited by JayE on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bmstinton93
The final is next Saturday. It's been a weird one this year as 2 football matches have got in the way of it's normal Monday through to Saturday live shows.
By JayE
Damn, I want to watch it but I've missed a load of shows, I did catch Luminites the other night performing, they were excellent.
By swaddon1903
I haven't seen a lot of it, but I liked the comedian lad, Jack Carroll. He's not really the finished article, but with a bit of work, he could be as big as Peter Kay. Saying that, he's still very funny.

And Attraction is just brilliant, I saw it for the first time yesterday. The way they make the shadows is genius and the stories portrayed are very moving, even for a hard-hearted person like myself.

EDIT: When I say that Jack Carroll isn't the finished article, I'm talking about comedy-wise; I'm not making light of his disability.
By Bonanzoid
I saw this thread and thought "what twat is starting a Britain's Got Talent thread" - then I noticed it was me, a year ago. For shame!
By dimtimjim
Bonanzoid wrote: "what twat is starting a Britain's Got Talent thread" - then I noticed it was me

I like this. Lots. :lol:
By swaddon1903
I thought most of the line-up was lacklustre. Especially the so-called impressionist. Jack was great, and hats off to him for cracking a joke about the egg-throwing incident. (No pun intended).

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]