Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
I can't help but agree with Yuds. Footy games on console - especially when being played by someone else in the background, can be very annoyingly repetative in the sonics department. Although, Yuds, you should be grateful BY is playing Fifa '12 and not Fifa '98, for example! They've come a long way. In fact, I remember the first footy computer game to even have commentary - oh it was bad.

Oh, and BY using the goalkeeper to score 5 goals is an age old footy-game tactic to really rub it in to your opponent how superior you are. And to highlight, that try as they may, FIFA on console will never be the same as the real thing.

And, FIFA is scrollocks anyway, get yourself PES, way superior.
By Bonanzoid
dimtimjim wrote:And, FIFA is scrollocks anyway, get yourself PES, way superior.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I've played PES, and it's just shocking, in my opinion.

Didn't realise Baby Yudster was just 8, I'll cut him some slack. Yes, the commentary isn't fantastic but as a football game overall it's the best yet.
By dimtimjim
Bonanzoid wrote: I've played PES, and it's just shocking, in my opinion.

If i'm honest Bozzydroid, I'm being old school in my opinion there - I don't play console footy any more, my opinion was based on the good old days, when there was only ONE footy game, as PES literally danced all over FIFA, year after year...

plus. i guess its what your used to. If you played Fifa 11, your bound to get on with Fifa 12 more than PES 12 - or vice versa.
By Bonanzoid
Yeah, I think the general consensus is that PES used to have the upper hand but over the last few years FIFA has come on leaps and bounds and has left PES trailing. Despite that, I remember playing FIFA 99 and loving it, even if it was horrendous as a football game. I used to just pass the ball to Victor Ikpeba and mash the sprint button and you could dance round the whole opposition team without losing the ball.
By chrysostom
PES was miles better than FIFA until 2009 and then they cracked it at EA sports (probably by buying their developers).

ps. FIFA 98 RTWC was an outstanding game on all levels.
By a-moron
I take your FIFA's and PES's and piss all over it with the BEST FOOTBALL GAME THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sensi Soccer.

Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin aboot.
By dimtimjim
theflyingbadger wrote:Sensi Soccer.

You know what Bodger, I nearly mentioned that earlier. That was the MOTHER of all footy games. Oh the days....
By DevilsDuck
Sensible Soccer was brilliant, with the player names such a EriK Kantona and Ryan Goggs

Then SWOS (Sensible World of Soccer) was even better...I need to get me an Amiga 1200

:P
By a-moron
I was an Atari ST man myself so never got me a shot of Sensi World.

Andrej Kontchelskis was the bomb.
By dimtimjim
# Bennnji, You don't have to put on the red light, Those days are over, You don't have to sell your body to the night.... #
By dimtimjim
To be fair, unless you've recently been kicked in the scrilex, I think its a bit outa our range, boyo.
By a-moron
I'd understand that if I was actually singing the bloody thing but I'm not.
Essentially I'm replaying the song in my head through memory and I'm managing to make it out of tune. Hence my perplexediness.
By chrysostom
Bonanzoid wrote:9-1 aggregate against you, 13-1 against chrys. Feeling rather smug.

To be fair, i was half cut from the pub.

And if i remember rightly, I just started to rush the keeper to the half way line after you kept scoring 'pass and tap in' goals, which my friends and I ban. Also you took a filthy goal from the GK's throw in.
By Bonanzoid
I tried not to score 'Jew goals' but when you were playing such a high defensive line towards the end it made it by far the easier option. I did feel bad about the Gk throw in one though.
By a-moron
Long balls straight through your back rear guard will do that to you. Solution = keep it tight at the back.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]