Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
Blimey we scored four goals. In one match! AND - the opposition didn't get more! That almost NEVER happens!
By SAV1OUR
Our game (Blackpool) over the weekend was funny, the way the ball slipped past the goalie - and there was me thinking we should've won, nah we was lucky to scrape a draw with thems.
By dimtimjim
A chance to see Chelsea get smashed...?

Sounds fun to me.
By Johnny 1989
Bonanzoid wrote:Can't believe a year ago Almunia was ahead of Szczesny*. Ridiculous!

*It's sad how proud I am of being able to spell that off by heart.

I know, Fabianski wanted to take over from Almunia as the new number 1, and for the Wolves & Everton games last year he was good, he was actually quite good up to his injury. However Szczesny replaced him, proved to be much better and unfortunately Fabianski went backwards (I say unfortunately as we could do with a good back up).
By dimtimjim
You woz lucky, ok...?
By Johnny 1989
I would like to say thank you to Chelsea for winning last night, although you are now ahead of us on Goal Difference in the league now you have stopped City on taking our Invincibles record for another year :)

I know Huddersfield got close with 43 or 44 wins & if they had taken the record then I wouldn't have had a problem at all, however Citeh can go and sod off :-P
By Johnny 1989
charlalottie wrote:I can go home without fear of the ridiculous amount of Spurs fans that live near me taking the piss quite as much.

Ah there's Spurs fans near you as well, they're spreading like a disease ;)
By Johnny 1989
charlalottie wrote:There's a lot. It's a shame.

Yeah there's quite a few in my office although two support their rugby teams more than Spurs (says a lot about Spurs :lol:) others are Arsenal, West Ham (both of those supported by the rest of the majority in our office) followed by Chelsea, Leyton Orient, Wolves, Man Utd & York (only the York fan hails from North of Epping)
By Bonanzoid
Poor night tonight, losing at home to Aberdeen which no doubt earns me some abuse for the next few days. We're really missing our 2 injured strikers!
By Johnny 1989
Poor old Fulham, I was so hoping they were going to go through, it's a shame the team didn't win the final when Uncle Woy was in charge of them a few years back.
By Yudster
An away win! Genuinely don't remember the last time that happened!
By Johnny 1989
Ah well we lost to Citeh yesterday however most of Arsenal (barring Arseshaving & Chamacked) played really well, Dowd was a complete twat as ever not only where his decisions poor against us there were poor ones against Citeh as well (at one point I thought one of ours was going to get sent off). It was a great game but sadly we didn't get the draw, have to say though considering the vast value differences between us & Citeh I'm surprised they only won with one goal, we seem to be a team they play against that don't usually hammer if they win (we won there last year).
By Johnny 1989
Bonanzoid wrote:Thought the referee was ok, don't mind Dowd generally. The linesman was the real criminal.

You're the first person I've read that says he's OK :lol: A lot of sports journos & presenters dislike him and say he's awful, every game I've seen him (and that includes non Arsenal games) he's made some absolute poor decisions, however I agree the linesman was an idiot, the goal was not offside, and there were two penalties we should have got, just weren't meant to score in that one unfortunately.
By Bonanzoid
I think the first match I saw him he had a cracker so that impression has lasted. He handled the feisty Liverpool Man Utd derby last season and did ok. Admittedly he should have sent off both Rafael and Carragher, but bar those mistakes he handled the handbags well. Not as bad as Martin Atkinson or Chris Foy at least.
By DevilsDuck
Martin Atkinson is a joke and he looks like my old next door neighbour...and he was a wife beating knobhead
By Bonanzoid
8 match ban despite any solid evidence for Luis Suarez? If he is guilty, then good, but I don't think it's proven that he is. I just hope the FA hang Terry out to dry as well.
Last edited by Bonanzoid on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chrysostom
I'm pretty sure the FA just want to piss everyone off now. Over the years they've proven themselves to be a joke, and I've got a feeling they'd have happily parodied themselves by finding JT innocent to protect the image of the title of captain (on paper).

However with the CPS getting involved, there's not much the FA can do - it all hinges on the outcome of the case. If they say he's innocent of a particular crime, the FA will use that to say he's done nothing wrong (which would be incorrect). If the CPS find him guilty of racially charged verbal abuse (unlikely as a one off incident would be a weak case), then the FA would have to whack out a hefty punishment.

I'm hoping for a Rio style 8 month ban which would see him out of the Euros to let better centerback partnerships prosper.
By DevilsDuck
Bonanzoid wrote:8 match ban despite any solid evidence for Luis Suarez? If he is guilty, then good, but I don't think it's proven that he is. I just hope the FA hang Terry out to dry as well.

It is a strange one!

As a united fan, I do find it quite funny.

I would like to know on what grounds they found him guilty, if it was caught on camera etc, but it doesnt like anyone else on the pitch heard it.

I can only assume they went on the grounds that Suarez admitted it, but stated that his team mates call him the same thing!

I call one of my friends nancy boy, but if someone we didnt know started calling him that then I would protect footloose!
By DevilsDuck
Nice article, not sure that cultural differences is a good enough argument though!
By Yudster
Suarez has been in Europe for six years and England for a while now. He says the term he used is something he says all the time, every day. If he says it all the time, every day, then he would know by now that in (most of) Europe and in England you aren't allowed to do that. Suarez has also said he didn't say anything. He needs to make up his mind.

The FA has had this Kick Racism Out of Football thing going on for years now so it is - or should be - no surprise that seeing as how racism is still endemic amongst crowds and players they are actually at some point going to DO something. If this is it, then Suarez was unlucky, but only in that he was the one who got clocked. It had to be somebody who was made an example of, its turned out to be him. Its only football, its not like he won't be able to pay his mortgage, get over it. Also, if it had been someone in the crowd, they would have been banned from the ground for life, so Suarez could look at that and think himself lucky.

The John Terry thing is different because of the police investigation. The FA can't really do anything until there is a result one way or another from the prosecution. If Terry is found guilty in court, the FA will throw the kitchen sink at him I reckon.

Also, a nicely staged little interview with the Wigan goalkeeper after the match on Sky last night I thought, Liverpool's PR people did well there.
By Bonanzoid
The cultural differences come in to play because Evra's Utd team mates apparently call him the same thing. And in Holland, if it's like the rest of Europe, the term he used is acceptable. It's just here it's not. I'm not saying it justifies him saying it - it was naive of him to do so. I just think the punishment based on it is incredibly harsh.
By Yudster
Well, it might be reduced. But if, as I think may be, this is a gesture of intent from the FA, then I doubt it. And if it works, or at least goes some way to making it perfectly clear that such things are not tolerated, well, good. Suarez won't ultimately come to any harm because of it.

Thanks, both shows are up