Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
I'll stick this in here then, despite the fact the previous Mail / Miliband discussion went in a different thread: Alastair Campbell (I know many don't like him, but bear with me) wants Paul Dacre to debate with him or a professional broadcast interviewer (Paxman would be good) about the Miliband episode and the impact of the Daily Mail on political life in general... he's started a petition, which you can sign here if you feel so inclined.
Ah I know, but public pressure and all that.
I once met Paul Dacre while doing my Master's in Advertising - an incredibly intimidating fellow. Fiercely intelligent with a tunnel vision for the future, especially when it comes to profit, power and dominating rivals.

Honestly one of the most terrifying briefings I've ever had, but I would underestimate him at your peril. If he decides to agree to this, he will do it knowing that he'll be getting something that he wants.
chrysostom wrote:I once met Paul Dacre while doing my Master's in Advertising - an incredibly intimidating fellow. Fiercely intelligent with a tunnel vision for the future, especially when it comes to profit, power and dominating rivals.

Honestly one of the most terrifying briefings I've ever had, but I would underestimate him at your peril. If he decides to agree to this, he will do it knowing that he'll be getting something that he wants.

I see your point but frankly, the man who rules the paper with an iron fist SHOULD be accountable. They claim to be holding politicians to account, well they also need to be held to account themselves.

Question Time was interesting last night - Mehdi Hasan (who I have always liked) managed to get his point across very well:

Quentin Letts, on the other hand (who an odious man is in the Mail's employ) managed to make the frankly laughable claims that the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday are "outside the political village" and that they are "not part of the establishment".

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]