Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Latina
Badger Mark wrote:Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's movie review podcast. Learned about this from someone on this board.

That may have been me as I've mentioned it about 6 times on here... I need to catch up on Kermode & Mayo actually, as I'm about 5 weeks behind.
By Badger Mark
Latina wrote:
Badger Mark wrote:Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's movie review podcast. Learned about this from someone on this board.

That may have been me as I've mentioned it about 6 times on here... I need to catch up on Kermode & Mayo actually, as I'm about 5 weeks behind.

Don't know if it was you who recommended it, but if it was, thanks! I love that show!
By Badger Mark
bmstinton93 wrote:It's no Hopes & Fears though is it?

May not be as great as Hopes and Fears, but it's still pretty good IMO. Honestly, I can't say I've ever heard a Keane song that I haven't liked.
By Yudster
Badger Mark wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:It's no Hopes & Fears though is it?

May not be as great as Hopes and Fears, but it's still pretty good IMO. Honestly, I can't say I've ever heard a Keane song that I haven't liked.

I'd agree with all of this - and I think the new album is the best since Hopes and Fears. Starlight Cafe is a great song.
By dimtimjim
I'm now into the CM show's from last december, meaning I'm going through Christmas build up a little early. Nice to get Dom the Donkey and Dave's Christmas Countdown again though.
By Nicola_Red
It's not new, but I have listened to Seth MacFarlane's album, Music Is Better Than Words, a lot recently. I love it.
By Nicola_Red
R94N wrote:Since I've been reading an biography of Dave Grohl I've been listening to some of the bands it mentions.

Some early 90s grunge? Tad, Mudhoney, Soundgarden I'm thinking? That would be the soundtrack to my college years, young man. :)
By MadTheEddos
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown.

This is a CD-R I burned back in 2009 when the album was new, and Media Player burned it on the CD in "filler mode"(I forget the correct name) by mistake, with tracks being burned till the CD was completely full instead of burning the album normally. So the first 3 tracks are repeated at the end of the CD. #SpeshulEdition

It somehow survived the chaotic move into my current flat in decent condition, and then ended up here at work(along with many other old CDs of mine) because I was tired of the lack of variety in the CDs that were here.

I wasn't massively impressed by the album when it first came out - I'd been hoping they'd produce another album that was a big step forward, like American Idiot had been after Warning - but over time it's grown on me. I always find it a good listen, right the way through.
By Yudster
Damn you, I want mango juice now.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]