Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
The Graveyard Shift (Monday 25th October 1993 - Thursday 6th February 1997)

All shows in this archive are courtesy of Murun of the Cassette Archive, for the complete un-edited editions of these shows, along with shows from other DJ's please visit : http://cassettearchive.wordpress.com/ca ... -and-lard/

Monday 11th December 1995

Monday 8th January 1996
Wednesday 14th February 1996
Wednesday 6th March 1996
Tuesday 12th March 1996
Thursday 11th April 1996
Tuesday 30th April 1996
Monday 6th May 1996
Tuesday 7th May 1996

Tuesday 21st January 1997

Breakfast Show Fill-ins for Chris Evans (1996)

Friday 5th July 1996 - Image - 26/08/2010

The Mark Radcliffe Breakfast Show (Monday 17th February 1997 - Friday 10th October 1997)

***Shows hopefully coming in the near future***

The Afternoon Show (Monday 13th October 1997 - Friday 26th March 2004)

Friday 11th May 2001 - Special guests Manic Street Preachers (FA Cup Special)
Tuesday 22nd May 2001
Tuesday 23rd October 2001

Friday 15th March 2002 - Live From Alton Towers with special guests Sum 41 & Ralf Little from The Royle Family - With thanks to DC for this show
Friday 7th June 2002 - Special guests Peter Barnes, Adrian Bower & Muse (WC2002 - England Vs Argentina Special)
Thursday 12th September 2002

Monday 3rd February 2003
Tuesday 4th February 2003
Wednesday 16th April 2003
Thursday 17th April 2003
Friday 18th April 2003
Thursday 5th June 2003 - Special Guest Jimmy Page from Led Zepplin

Monday 23rd February 2004
Tuesday 24th February 2004
Wednesday 25th February 2004
Thursday 26th February 2004
Friday 27th February 2004
Wednesday 24th March 2004
Thursday 25th March 2004
Friday 26th March 2004 - Last ever Mark & Lard Show, with many special guests

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Others

Simon Mayo

BBC Radio 1 - The Mid Morning Show (1993-2001)

Thursday 1st February 2001 (click link to open download page)With thanks to DC for this show
Friday 16th February 2001 - Last Ever Radio 1 show (click link to open download page) With thanks to DC for this show

Bits & Pieces

All clips here are of other DJ's, some from Radio 1, others not, and other archive clips such as news reports, etc. There's also random clippings from Moyles and Mark & Lard added here as well, just so that we can have the full shows at the top & random clips down here.

Chris Moyles - Watcha Say link Thanks go to ianpwilliams for this clip

Dave Pearce rings in the Millennium Thanks go to DC for sourcing this clip

Here are the 9/11 Newsbeat bulletins, Thanks go to newsbeat for sourcing these clip

Newsbeat - Tuesday 11th September 2001 - 2:30pm
Newsbeat - Tuesday 11th September 2001 - 3:00pm
Newsbeat - Tuesday 11th September 2001 - 5:45pm

Here are the new bulletins of Michael Jackson's Death. Thanks go to newsbeat for sourcing these clip

First Newsbeat bulletin

Newsbeat - Friday 26th June 2009 - 4:30am
Newsbeat - Friday 26th June 2009 - 11:30am
Newsbeat - Friday 26th June 2009 - 12:45pm
i promised some mark & lard.

Johnny 1989 wrote:2001-05-11 Radio 1 - Friday 11th May 2001

Mark & Lard Friday 11th May 2001:-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1rpt9z

Johnny 1989 wrote:2001-05-22 Radio 1 - Tuesday 22nd May 2001

Mark & Lard Tuesday 22nd May 2001:-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yylvl8.

put up the moyles shows that follow and we have an afternoons worth there! i uploaded the shows to sendspace, because archive.org would probably be funny with them being unedited. plus megaupload was playing up, but i don't know how long sendspace stays active for so d/l them now.

i'll edit those other 2 moyles shows as soon as i can, it's been a busy few weeks for me latley but they should be done soon.
DC wrote:i uploaded the shows to sendspace, because archive.org would probably be funny with them being unedited.

Hey, thanks very much for the Mark and Lard shows!
If you like I can edit them and upload them to archive.org?
DC wrote:i promised some mark & lard.

Johnny 1989 wrote:2001-05-11 Radio 1 - Friday 11th May 2001

Mark & Lard Friday 11th May 2001:-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1rpt9z

Johnny 1989 wrote:2001-05-22 Radio 1 - Tuesday 22nd May 2001

Mark & Lard Tuesday 22nd May 2001:-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yylvl8.

put up the moyles shows that follow and we have an afternoons worth there! i uploaded the shows to sendspace, because archive.org would probably be funny with them being unedited. plus megaupload was playing up, but i don't know how long sendspace stays active for so d/l them now.

i'll edit those other 2 moyles shows as soon as i can, it's been a busy few weeks for me latley but they should be done soon.

Excellent, thanks for those :D I shall have to dig out those two tapes, although I should warn everyone that it's only the first half for my two Moyles shows, either way 3 & a half hours, for each date, of pure Radio Gold :D

TIAL wrote:
DC wrote:i uploaded the shows to sendspace, because archive.org would probably be funny with them being unedited.

Hey, thanks very much for the Mark and Lard shows!

That'd be great, if DC is ok with that :D Then I can also put the link & write up in the first post (credited to you two of course), I best get the Mark & Lard section prepared :D

Thanks again DC & thanks also to TIAL for offer to help edit these, I have several more ready to send to you this week if you want to do them :D
TIAL wrote:Hey, thanks very much for the Mark and Lard shows!

yeah thats fine by me, i got them off a mark & lard fansite that provided torrents. that has long since shut down.
DC wrote:
TIAL wrote:Hey, thanks very much for the Mark and Lard shows!

yeah thats fine by me, i got them off a mark & lard fansite that provided torrents. that has long since shut down.

Great, I think it's a shame that there isn't more Mark & Lard on the net to be honest.

I'll be honest that there may have been less Moyles on the net than we have now as I was considering throwing out my tapes about five years back. 8O At the time it was a case of them just taking up too much space, plus considering computer technology of the time (which was rather primitive compared to today) I never ever thought it would be possible to upload them on to my PC. Then again 5 years ago I never thought anything could better the Mini Disc. I had started converting them over to Hi-MD but got fed up trying to tape to Mini Disc (it was a bloody chore on there I can assure you).

However I'm so glad I kept them now though as it seems that although there is quite a bit of Moyles material on the net, there's not that many complete shows out there, especially from 2000/2001

TIAL wrote:Cool, when they're done I'll send them to Johnny :) Thanks for that!

Thanks :D I shall credit you both & write a write up, once I've give them a listen
Wow! Mark and Lard - god these 2001 shows have been great to listen to, inspired me to upload another one of teh shows I have. 18th April 2003.

http://sharebee.com/613e27b5

And that Moyles repository - COR! Anything from mid 2001 is firmly my era, there's sure to be some memories here, can't wait to hear them. Surely one day the BBC can get their radio archive online, although I imagine it'd be a PRS nightmare to have these shows unedited. Still, we can dream.
Cheers for that, Jamiec!

Has it had the music edited out? If not I can do so tomorrow.
I'm also getting 3 Mark and Lard shows via torrent of their final three shows. If it's really what it describes itself as, I'll upload them tomorrow too.
jamiec21 wrote:Wow! Mark and Lard - god these 2001 shows have been great to listen to, inspired me to upload another one of teh shows I have. 18th April 2003.

And that Moyles repository - COR! Anything from mid 2001 is firmly my era, there's sure to be some memories here, can't wait to hear them. Surely one day the BBC can get their radio archive online, although I imagine it'd be a PRS nightmare to have these shows unedited. Still, we can dream.

Fantastic stuff Jamie, that one completes that entire week (the other 4 were uploaded several months back). Thank you very much :D

I was actually going to contact you earlier today to see if it was ok to edit your shows that you uploaded a while back so that the "legal issues" are reduced dramatically somewhat.

As for the Moyles Shows, I'm glad your a fan of the 2001 era, I'm trying to hit those (and 2000) over the next few months with either myself or TIAL editing these shows :D

The question was asked to Aled in the "Ask Aled" thread & his answer was (in a nutshell) that it would cost too much money to do them & that the majority of the audience would only want a best of, which is true really for I'd say 90% of the audience

However those of us that want to hear a complete show can do so here. I have a lot from 2009 so far, but in my opinion, it's a bit too soon to start editing these yet.

TIAL wrote:Cheers for that, Jamiec!

Has it had the music edited out? If not I can do so tomorrow.
I'm also getting 3 Mark and Lard shows via torrent of their final three shows. If it's really what it describes itself as, I'll upload them tomorrow too.

Nice one TIAL, I'll add that to the first page along with the three edited Moyles shows (two edited by TIAL, one by myself) tomorrow evening (pending anything cropping up between now & tomorrow evening).

Hope they are the final three Mark & Lard show, I've been trying to get these for ages but they seem to be like Rocking Horse shite, virtually impossible to get hold of :(

That list is going to get very look quite soon isn't it :lol:
jamiec21 wrote:I've got the last week of MNL on disc somewhere - my own recordings in the same format as these, I'll upload them soon.

Any editing to my unedited MNL captures is fine by me.

Ah ok, excellent stuff, it'll be nice to have a big Mark & Lard archive as well as Moyles archive. As I've said before when M&L where on air I never really appreciated them, however I realise now how unique they were & how they are missed from radio, especially seeing as the new crop of DJ's (with the exception of a few) are bland & dull.

All thanks for the permission to edit those shows of yours, I'll send a couple to TIAL (if that's ok TIAL) and I'll edit a couple of them myself. One of my favourite moments on those shows is the "stupid lyrics" bit where they talk about Richard Harris' MacArthur Park :lol:
MNL to come: 23rd-27th February, 8th March, 15th March, 18th March and 22-26th March 2004 (the latter being their last week).

I'm convinced I was recording full Moyles shows at the same time as those April 2003 MNL shows, although Christ alone knows where they'd be now. I'll find them, someday.
jamiec21 wrote:MNL to come: 23rd-27th February, 8th March, 15th March, 18th March and 22-26th March 2004 (the latter being their last week).

I'm convinced I was recording full Moyles shows at the same time as those April 2003 MNL shows, although Christ alone knows where they'd be now. I'll find them, someday.

8O Nice collection, it'd be nice to hear some M&L shows from when they were winding down. To be honest I had stopped listen to Radio by 2003 so when M&L did go I didn't realise until I started listening to Chris' Breakfast show again in 2005 8O :lol: Considering there is virtually sod all out there of M&L, anything of theirs will be great :D

It'd be great to hear those Moyles shows from 2003 as well, as far as I know there's only three shows out there, Will's Last Show (in the sound vault in 22 parts), The Last Afternoon Show (on this thread) and that other show on my list in 2003.

Hopefully you've just temporarily mislaid these 2003 shows, it'd be interesting to listen to & see if I've been a bit too harsh on their final year on the afternoon shows.
jamiec21 wrote:Wow! Mark and Lard - god these 2001 shows have been great to listen to, inspired me to upload another one of teh shows I have. 18th April 2003.

thanks for the show! always good to hear more mark & lard. yes hopefully the bbc will get their act together someday and make a lot of their radio archives avalible. although i imagine it would probably be one extreme to the other, something from the world service from 1952 or fearne & reggie from 2 years ago! i would see no problems with it if they made the stream into a flash player so it couldn't be downloaded by most of the general public (unless you know what you're doing). but i have heard something about the bbc's listen again service. the reason why it has to go down after 7 days is becuase that's the limit for the songs to be online or something. i'm not that sure how accurate that is though.

TIAL wrote:I'm also getting 3 Mark and Lard shows via torrent of their final three shows. If it's really what it describes itself as, I'll upload them tomorrow too.

i downloaded the final 3 shows you're trying to get a few months ago. so if you have any trouble getting hold of them i'll upload them on here. or jamie can post them from his recordings.
Johnny 1989 wrote:One of my favourite moments on those shows is the "stupid lyrics" bit where they talk about Richard Harris' MacArthur Park :lol:

lard's vocals the second time they play that are creasing!
jamiec21 wrote:MNL to come: 23rd-27th February, 8th March, 15th March, 18th March and 22-26th March 2004 (the latter being their last week).

That'd be great if you could upload those! I've almost finished editing 24th 25th and 26th March 2004, so don't worry about doing those three. That's all I can find though.
DC wrote:i would see no problems with it if they made the stream into a flash player so it couldn't be downloaded by most of the general public (unless you know what you're doing).

I always wonder if the programmers for these sort of things make them so that they can be 'got around' by those few who know how to. Probably not though, seeing as it's the BBC.

DC wrote:i downloaded the final 3 shows you're trying to get a few months ago. so if you have any trouble getting hold of them i'll upload them on here. or jamie can post them from his recordings.

Thanks, but I've got them safely downloaded now. I'll upload them soon and send the links to Johnny. Their last show is hilarious.
DC wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:One of my favourite moments on those shows is the "stupid lyrics" bit where they talk about Richard Harris' MacArthur Park :lol:

lard's vocals the second time they play that are creasing!

Yeah Lard's impressions always make me laugh :lol:
TIAL wrote:
DC wrote:i would see no problems with it if they made the stream into a flash player so it couldn't be downloaded by most of the general public (unless you know what you're doing).

I always wonder if the programmers for these sort of things make them so that they can be 'got around' by those few who know how to. Probably not though, seeing as it's the BBC.

DC wrote:i downloaded the final 3 shows you're trying to get a few months ago. so if you have any trouble getting hold of them i'll upload them on here. or jamie can post them from his recordings.

Thanks, but I've got them safely downloaded now. I'll upload them soon and send the links to Johnny. Their last show is hilarious.

Cool, excellent news :D It'd be nice to let people download the shows without having to go via a torrent site, I know that torrent sites can sometimes have files that are just disguised viruses.
Has anyone posted Moyles' last afternoon show yet? I've just found a broadcast quality recording of the whole show, in the same format as these MNL recordings. I didn't even know I'd recorded it!

EDIT: Yeah, reading the first page would be a good idea - it's already up, that's fine, I'll try and find something else and next week I'll have a PROPER look through my entire mountain of CD/DVDs.
jamiec21 wrote:Has anyone posted Moyles' last afternoon show yet? I've just found a broadcast quality recording of the whole show, in the same format as these MNL recordings. I didn't even know I'd recorded it!

EDIT: Yeah, reading the first page would be a good idea - it's already up, that's fine, I'll try and find something else and next week I'll have a PROPER look through my entire mountain of CD/DVDs.

:lol: yeah it is a bit cluttered up top, I may give it a clean up later tonight :D

Three more to be added in the next few hours, keep them peeled :D
Johnny 1989 wrote:
jamiec21 wrote:Has anyone posted Moyles' last afternoon show yet? I've just found a broadcast quality recording of the whole show, in the same format as these MNL recordings. I didn't even know I'd recorded it!

:lol: yeah it is a bit cluttered up top, I may give it a clean up later tonight :D

Mark and Lard from February 2004 also uploading right now....!
jamiec21 wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:

Mark and Lard from February 2004 also uploading right now....!

Excellent stuff, this thread is really picking up speed now :D

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]