Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
I've recorded two more over the last few days, the last ever "short" show (4-5:45pm) from Friday 16th February 2001 (last 15 minutes missing unfortunately) & the first ever "long" show from Monday 19th February 2001 fully complete, the only speech disruption is the 4:30 Newsbeat report, which is good as that can be easily edited out :D.

The show from Monday 19th has a very funny opener & not this show not only features "Bad To The Bone" for the last time but "1-2-3-4" for the first time, when you listen to the opener you'll understand why. I won't say no more, I'll save that for you to listen to once I edit it :)

Hopefully I'll be able to record a few more this week & get them edited as well, Tial, are you still up for editing shows?
Apologies for the lack of updates of recent, I have had a shitty couple of weeks & just haven't been in the mood to edit them, sorry all.

However I hope to edit the first extended show of 2001 over the weekend, can't promise anything mind :roll: :lol:
Ed Pummelon wrote:No worries, looking forward to whatever, whenever. Take it easy.

Cheers, as I say I was getting back into copying them over but then suddenly work got much worse so I've kind of being coming home in a foul mood of recent.

I may actually download one of the videos of the recent shows to cheer me up a bit, going to get the one with Carrie At Wimbledon, that is a classic show IMO :D
I watched that clip earlier to show to my workmate, still hilarious!

also listened back to a 2007 podcast where they were getting Aled to do things in the background of the Comic Relief launch, kissing Lenny Henry etc!
jocky85 wrote:I watched that clip earlier to show to my workmate, still hilarious!

also listened back to a 2007 podcast where they were getting Aled to do things in the background of the Comic Relief launch, kissing Lenny Henry etc!

:lol: Yeah loved that podcast, brilliant.

BTW do the FLV files play on an iPod does anyone know?
Ed Pummelon wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:BTW do the FLV files play on an iPod does anyone know?

I think you'd probably have to convert them. As far as I know the iPod will only play .m4v, .mp4 or .mov files.

Yep started to convert it last night but it only got to 200,000KB & it was too late in the night so I'll have to try it again when I get home :)
I'm hoping (as usual) to actually start recording some more shows this weekend so that I have more, ready to edit.

Out of curiosity how would you ladies & gents like me to proceed with these, would you still like me to upload shows from random years/months or would you liked me to start from the beginning of my archive & work up to the most recent last?
Personally speaking I think it'd be great to start at the beginning and work forward, but that's only because I tend to listen to them as you produce them, so it'd be a great way to hear the show develop over time. However for others who dip in and out I guess that wouldn't be so important.
Ed Pummelon wrote:Personally speaking I think it'd be great to start at the beginning and work forward, but that's only because I tend to listen to them as you produce them, so it'd be a great way to hear the show develop over time. However for others who dip in and out I guess that wouldn't be so important.

Yeah I kind of had you in mind for this (re 2002 & Melinda ;) :lol:)

I think I will start from the beggining again (if others are ok with that), I have only x1 Capital FM show to re-record & re-edit, x2 shows from 1999 which need the same treatment as the Capital FM show and about 12-15 to do from 2000 compared to 40+ from 2001.

If others are ok with that then I'll go back to beginning & fill in the gaps of shows I haven't copied or re-edited over to here. :)
Ed Pummelon wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Yeah I kind of had you in mind for this (re 2002 & Melinda ;) :lol:)

Yep, I could use the education ;)

:lol: Yep one thing you will learn is that apart from Chris & Dave the rest of the team changed quite frequently, especially Producers, when they moved to afternoons in 1998 Ben was producer, he was then taken over by Producer Richard, then Rhys & then Will in October 2000. It was only when Will came along that they ended up with a more "permenate" producer. Mick Meadows seem to fill in for Richard or Rhys if they were ever off. Melinda was there for a long time (1998-2000) and was the only BA to do both the afternoon & Saturday shows, Lizzie did 20 months & Aled got promoted to Day Producer. They don't seem to have a "Broadcast Assistant" on the show these days.

The other thing you'll notice as well is that certain members of the team take random days/weeks off for holiday, whereas today 99% of the time the whole team go on holiday together.

By the time you get round to the 2006 shows yu have an Degree in the History of Moyles ;)
Last edited by Johnny 1989 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pummelon wrote:Nice, looking forward to it!

Does your stuff include the Saturday shows? I only ask because from what I've heard these were mostly done in a hungover haze, and when they've done shows like that more recently they've often ended up being some of the best. 8)

I have about 5-6 Saturday shows, unfortunately unlike the last ever show that is on page one of this thread, they are the first half only (although that's where you hear them at their most hung over so that's one good thing at least) & unfortunately the one tape that is missing from my archive is a Saturday show, still haven't been able to find it either grrr.

I may be able to get 3 or 4 up this weekend although two will be "out of order" (The first ever extended show & a 2005 breakfast show), which I sent to Tial a few months back but he hasn't been able to edit it because if I recall correctly, he was rather busy for the foreseeable future, I don't think I've seen him for a while on here anyway so I imagine he still is busy.
***MINI UPDATE***

I have added this to the front page as well, although I am thinking about editing it somewhat. However I'm not sure how to add links without having the whole link address in view (I'd like them to say "Click Here" rather than what you'll see below).

Anyway back to the beginning of my archive, and although it was a show that I edited & gave to Chris last year, it was poorly edited & just sounds, well, crap now, so anyway I present to you Chris' other Capital FM Show, properly edited:

Date: Saturday 9th March 1997
Team: Chris only (Chris was "Solo" on Capital FM, although sometimes Neil Long or Margarita Taylor would pop in in a link, Producers, BA's, etc. were never heard on air, as far as I know)
Completion Status: First half only (10pm-11:30pm)
Uploaded By: Johnny 1989
Edited By: Johnny 1989
Info: ***Show starts at 1:55, after the News Bulletin for those of you who skip those***
Features include:
* Chris talks about auditioning for the Spice Boys (a joke) & his appearance on TV via the Bob Mills Show
* Mr Camp talking about setting up chat rooms on the internet (back in 1997 this was a new thing)
* Special Guest Andre Vincent from The Bob Mills Show pops in for a chat, unfortunately half of this "interview" is on the part of the show I didn't capture
* Lots of Capital FM/Chris Moyles Late Bit jingles, which aren't in the sound vault so I have left them intact on this show
Download: http://www.archive.org/download/1997-03-09-ChrisMoylesOnCapitalFm-Saturday9thMarch1997-LinksOnly/1997-03-09-ChrisMoylesOnCapitalFm-Saturday9thMarch1997-LinksOnly.mp3

EDIT: by the way, apologies for the very long address for the download, for some reason due to poxy server settings or something like that, I cannot upload to a web folder, however the new beta "Share" option on Internet Archive is a lot quicker, although the addresses are longer.
Thanks Ed & Topher for that info.

As a treat, another show is going up tonight, in the next hour, which breaks the whole "In Order" thing I stated less than 10 posts back.

However the show that should have followed next, 26th March 1999, has an absolute terrible sound quality (think the whole "Sound turned up to 11" gag from Spinal Tap but this time turned up to 25 8O

So instead I'll give you the first extended show, seeing as I have it laying around on the PC, I may even do the Breakfast Show from 2005 tonight, if I have time :)
Date: Monday 19th February 2001
Team: Chris, Dave, Lizzie & Will, with news read by Rachel (not that one) & Juliette Ferrington with guest appearances from Simon Mayo, Andy Parfitt (Opening link gag only) & Sara Cox.
Completion Status: Whole Show
Info:
Features include:
* Last appearance of "Bad To The Bone" opener & first appearance of the "1-2-3-4" opener
* Funny opener involving Simon Mayo & Andy Parfitt who swears (bleeped of course) which would never happen these days
* New features include: The Great Receptionist Stopwatch Challenge & Secret Squirrel, both which are dropped by August 2001 at the earliest
* A funny link with Chris & The Team talking to Sara Cox, which includes her talking about putting a Willy between her legs & telling Moyles to "* off", dirty girl! :lol:
Download: Right Click Here

Hope you enjoy this one, more soon

BTW: Please let me know if there are any sound issues (aside from quality) in this recording.
As promised another show for you all, this one a classic Breakfast show from 2005

Date: Tuesday 15th November 2005
Team: Chris, Dave, Aled, Georgina & Carrie with special guest Jimmy Carr (there's no Rachel on this one I added her in by mistake originally)
Completion Status: Whole Show
Info:
Features include:
* Georgina Bowman fills in for Dominic Byrne as he's off on maternity leave, and reveals that she has a secret, she can recite Chas & Dave songs.
* The Newsbeat chant, after 3....
* Sting Ring - an edition of Sting Ring which last for rather a long time
* Another round of Rob DJ's Monday Night Pub Quiz
* Jimmy Carr comes in for a chat & is very funny on this one, listeners email him their jokes & he discusses (read that as mocks) listeners OCD issues.
Download: Right Click Here

Enjoy :D
Last edited by Johnny 1989 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know it was a while ago but I'd just like to echo the opinion of having the shows added in order. I've downloaded a few random ones but am looking to start downloading them all properly to listen to the past types of shows that I would've missed when originally broadcast. Having them in order would help someone like me keep track of what show I'm listening to (i.e. capital, saturday afternoons, weekday afternoons etc). But that is just my opinion. Either way I look forward to hearing the shows, thanks for all your hard work Johnny, Tial etc :D
jocky85 wrote:I know it was a while ago but I'd just like to echo the opinion of having the shows added in order. I've downloaded a few random ones but am looking to start downloading them all properly to listen to the past types of shows that I would've missed when originally broadcast. Having them in order would help someone like me keep track of what show I'm listening to (i.e. capital, saturday afternoons, weekday afternoons etc). But that is just my opinion. Either way I look forward to hearing the shows, thanks for all your hard work Johnny, Tial etc :D

I've decided to go with the "in order" route although I have one or two episodes that I recorded yet haven't got round to editing yet (one of those up in the next hour or so, plus 4-5 Mark & Lard shows to edit & upload here in the near future.

I'll also be adding the Carrie at Wimbledon show from 1st July 2009 for anyone who enjoyed it yet didn't record it at all :D
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody stupid Radio 1 & their bloody stupid iPlayer :x

It seems as if several of the recent shows I've downloaded have part of the end missing, what I didn't realise is that they have cut the "listen again" shows back from 3:32:00 to 3:30:00 which means that the Carrie at Wimbledon show I downloaded a while back has part of CPQ missing & whatever else followed afterwards GRRR! :x

*and breathe* :lol:

Anyway, anyone have the last 10 minutes of that show at all please, I may need to request the last 5-10 minutes of several other shows since the change to 3hrs 30mins, also that means I'll have to download/tape the first 5-10 minutes of Whiley each time now, if the missing info is carried over to her show however.

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]