Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
I'd like to send my apologies regarding this archive, as you can see it's been nearly a whole month since it was last updated. :(

However don't worry as I am having a lazy Sunday (due to an injury with my knee) and so I intend to at least record a few more shows of which, if Tial is still up for doing them, I'll pass on to get edited for you. I plan to do several from 2001 this time as it's the one year where I haven't really touched anything at all.

Once again apologies & hopefully I'll get this thread back on track soon.
jocky85 wrote:I'd like to pass on my thanks again for all of this. I've really enjoyed downloading and listening to all of the old shows.

But also complain that you've turned me into a Moyles obsessive!! haha

:lol: I have done well then :D

Glad you're enjoying them, just got to get "back with the programme" (I hate that phrase) and start copying some more over.
great! this thread is really shaping up well! let's hope archive.org don't get arsey like they did with me a few years ago with some scott mills mp3's.

i'll edit another mark & lard ogg file very soon from june 2003, with jimmy page from led zeppelin as their guest.

going back to the september 11th 2001 recordings from radio 1 we were discussing on here a few weeks ago, with a little research i found the old thread that was created as it was happening:-
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6131

seems 'the_dr' recorded moyles that afternoon, all way before i joined here. but he hasn't posted here for 6 years, not sure if anyone still has any connection to him from this site. not only that but as far as i can tell he'd been recording for the second half of 2001 and onwards, and ideas were up for a 'chris moyles database'. it never got going it seems:-

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6165

Can somebody please explain about CMDB 'cos its sounds pretty good?

the_dr wrote:Basically, its a database of all the Chris Moyles shows we can get our grubby little mits on. I'm sorry I've been teasing this for so long - it was meant to be finished ages ago, but as always - things get delayed. Computer troubles, server troubles, programming troubles and the sheer amount of time it takes to edit 270 hours of Moyles :)<br><br>If you have any shows or are prepared to record for cmdb, then hold ya horses for a while. I want to get the basics set up first, and then hopefully everything else will fall into place. And yes - it is pretty cool, once I've launched it!

more on the 'cmdb':-
http://chrismoyles.net/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 82&start=0

i wonder if he kept those shows he recorded, all be it was 8 years ago there's still a good chance. would be great if we could get a hold of them and make them a part of this thread we have going here...
Ed Pummelon wrote:CMDB sounds like a great idea, but it would take a lot of work to put together I guess. I still wonder whether Console / Chris would be able / prepared to "rope off" a section of the Sound Archive for something like this...

if we could get our hands on that collection, then we could make them a part of here via archive.org, even if only the best ones.
I would have loved to have set up a separate web page, of sorts, to house off of the downloads. Unfortunately I haven't a clue how to do so, so I thought this would be the next best thing.

The only problem is though, that if there is a limit as to how many characters you can have in one post, I may not be able to get all of them onto that original posting.

We'll see how it goes though first, I hope to record a few more mini discs soon, at least with them I can press record on the PC, press play on the MD player & just walk away & do other things.
Don't get me wrong, I think this thread is brilliant, it's just with the amount of content being gathered there's going to come a point where it simply gets overloaded - like you say, there's bound to be a limit to each post, and then the structure's going to get tricky.

Archive.org is interesting, I haven't really looked at it properly before, I might check that out. If I was better at databases and so on I'd set something up myself, but I just don't have the tech knowledge needed. That's why I was wondering about the Sound Archive here, as the infrastructure is already in place.

We'll get something worked out, and until then I reckon there's still plenty of mileage in this thread yet.
Ed Pummelon wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think this thread is brilliant, it's just with the amount of content being gathered there's going to come a point where it simply gets overloaded - like you say, there's bound to be a limit to each post, and then the structure's going to get tricky.

Archive.org is interesting, I haven't really looked at it properly before, I might check that out. If I was better at databases and so on I'd set something up myself, but I just don't have the tech knowledge needed. That's why I was wondering about the Sound Archive here, as the infrastructure is already in place.
We'll get something worked out, and until then I reckon there's still plenty of mileage in this thread yet.

Hmm... I may get in contact with Chris/Console to see if they are interested in doing that. I will tidy up the main topic this weekend but it's got rather packed of recent.
I'm assuming that Harris would have offered use of the Sound Vault if it had the capacity to host a large number of whole shows?
i can't quite imagine how the_dr planned to host all the material he did back in 2001, especially when the resources that we have today wern't around then.

i guess the best thing that could be done is to continue using archive.org, and build a small, simple website with a few pages for different categories so it's easy to navigate around. posting the mp3 links on that site. realistically we could do with avoiding free sites like geocities, yahoo etc because of the pop up's and adverts.

when i used to have blueyonder, i got around 30+mb of free webspace without the nasty pop up's and such. however i moved onto a package with sky/bt and i no longer have any free webspace as i know to, could of used that if i still had it. i did mess around with some simple web design a few years ago in frontpage. i got everything working fine in internet explorer but i remember having trouble with viewing it in firefox.

anyway it's an idea for the future i guess.
DC wrote:realistically we could do with avoiding free sites like geocities, yahoo etc because of the pop up's and adverts.

Won't be too difficult avoiding Geocities, you know, with it not being around anymore.

DC wrote:i did mess around with some simple web design a few years ago in frontpage. i got everything working fine in internet explorer but i remember having trouble with viewing it in firefox.

That'd be because you created your 'HTML' in Frontpage.
Console wrote:
DC wrote:realistically we could do with avoiding free sites like geocities, yahoo etc because of the pop up's and adverts.

Won't be too difficult avoiding Geocities, you know, with it not being around anymore.

i didn't realise, it was a number of years ago when i looked into all of this.

Console wrote:That'd be because you created your 'HTML' in Frontpage.

i've since spoken to a few people who said there are better alternatives, but by then i'd lost interest in it.
jamiec21 wrote:From my own archive, an early-ish breakfast show from 26th April 2005. It's the Listen Again stream, so the file size isn't too big, but the songs are all in there.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vwiu9g

Thanks for that JamieC21

Ooh a show from... hang on is it 2005 or 2004? The file is labelled as 2004 but you've put 2005 on here? :) Either way I'll convert it to an MP3, edit it & have it up later this afternoon :D
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. It is from 2005, I though it was 2004 which is why I posted it as I thought it was the earliest Breakfast Show I had. But I cross referenced the football scores mentioned during with the news and it was definitely from 2005. I do have a couple of 2004 shows though (one from Portugal with Noel Gallagher) which I'll post soon.
jamiec21 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. It is from 2005, I though it was 2004 which is why I posted it as I thought it was the earliest Breakfast Show I had. But I cross referenced the football scores mentioned during with the news and it was definitely from 2005. I do have a couple of 2004 shows though (one from Portugal with Noel Gallagher) which I'll post soon.

Thanks for clearing that up :) I rename it once the file converts over.

Can't speak for other but I'll be very interested in some of those 2004 shows, apart from the first show, of which two versions exist (my over based one & the edited one that was on Console's site) there's sod all of 2004. It'd be nice to hear some of the shows with Juliette :D

Plus any show with Noel Gallagher is guaranteed to be Radio Gold :D

Thanks Again
Johnny 1989 wrote:Can't speak for other but I'll be very interested in some of those 2004 shows, apart from the first show, of which two versions exist (my over based one & the edited one that was on Console's site) there's sod all of 2004. It'd be nice to hear some of the shows with Juliette :D

Well the one I have got with Juliette is her last day (Friday 1st October 2004). And I think her and Dom were left in London for the Portugal shows.

I've got all the Moyles/Gallagher interviews apart from that Christmas show (2001). If anyone has that interview, I'd be more than happy if you'd post it.
Something (geeky) I've noticed about this is the Newsbeat jingle, which is on several of the 2005 shows featured here, sound very different & that's not due to where it was copied off of either, it seems to have less bass.

Anyway onwards with the editing. :D
jamiec21 wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Can't speak for other but I'll be very interested in some of those 2004 shows, apart from the first show, of which two versions exist (my over based one & the edited one that was on Console's site) there's sod all of 2004. It'd be nice to hear some of the shows with Juliette :D

Well the one I have got with Juliette is her last day (Friday 1st October 2004). And I think her and Dom were left in London for the Portugal shows.

I've got all the Moyles/Gallagher interviews apart from that Christmas show (2001). If anyone has that interview, I'd be more than happy if you'd post it.

Anything with Juliette would be great, especially her last show. I know she went to Athens, she probably still popped up thought, didn't she?

I don't have 2001 although I have the 2002 show which is on the first page :D