The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
I empathise. I've posted to this effect several times in the general discussion thread. And I created the tribute book for the last R1 show, so that shows how much of a fan of Moyles I am. Have you tried downloading the edited shows instead...?
By PaulF
I have to agree too. We've been listening every day in work but the adverts are just so annoying. May start listening a day later to the edited show. Seems the way to go!
By Nicola_Red
Well, it rather seems the OP has deleted their post. I wonder why? They didn't say anything particularly controversial.
By simonp
Nicola_Red wrote:Well, it rather seems the OP has deleted their post. I wonder why? They didn't say anything particularly controversial.

Chris wrote:Ah, that might have been my fault. I was removing spam and fear I deleted his account (sorry)

Oi Chris!

Oh well, my posting history was pretty dull ;)

I suppose I'm sad to see so many others saying the same - not good for Radio X :( It seems the sales guys are a bit too 'cash hungry' (ie McDonalds).
By Dexy
I really don't think the show is that bad, but it appears I'm in the minority. It was always going to be different from the Radio 1 show, with a new voice to get used to and the fact that the team is smaller too. I only really started listening religiously about a year or two before Chris left Radio 1 so perhaps I don't have the same emotional connection as some of you who have been around for the last 10 years. But there's been enough in the last year that has made me laugh. I think listening to the cut down versions of the shows without the songs and adverts helps though.
By simonp
Sorry Dexy the OP was deleted by accident so this thread doesn't really make any sense any more!

To clarify - I LOVE the show, I LOVE Chris and I LOVE the team. The complaint was about the volume of adverts (in particular that bloody McDonalds one!)
By doby
Sad to hear this, I have to admit I only managed the first week of the Radio X show and just went back to the old shows thinking I'd try listening again when they were settled in but so far this hasn't happened.

I get through 3 or 4 of the old shows a day while working and I'm still enjoying it even though I think I'm on my 3rd play through of the archive.

Whenever I've gone on youtube to look up an old video to compliment whatever show I'm listening to at that moment I sometimes stumble on some Radio X videos, I recently watched when they left Dom alone in the studio at the start of the show and it just felt a bit forced. When they did something like that on Radio 1 it felt spontaneous, but this felt the complete opposite. The team then followed it up by each saying what their 'favourite bit' was of the hilarity that had just ensued. Suffice to say I wasn't all that impressed.
By G-Sizzle
I agree with you on some of it being forced.
I get the feeling that Moyles is far too aware of what can/can't be said in today's day and age, and he's become far more concerned about how he's perceived in the publics eye.
Maybe that's just a sign of the times, but there's a definite difference between New and Old Moyles and I'm not sure I'm a massive fan of the new version.

Having said that, I still listen every morning!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]