The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
http://www.digitalspy.com/music/radio/n ... ef-at-all/

8 MARCH 2016

Nick Grimshaw denies Chris Moyles rivalry: 'There's no beef at all'

And he understands why people gave him stick for taking over the Radio 1 Breakfast Show.

Nick Grimshaw has insisted that there is absolutely no "beef" between him and Chris Moyles - even though they're on rival breakfast radio shows.

Grimshaw, who took over from Moyles on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show, explained that he thinks of his Radio X rival as a friend.

"I've known him for years," he said at today's TRIC Awards after picking up the Digital Radio Personality honour. 

Nick Grimshaw: 'I'll miss The X Factor... but it was definitely the right decision for me to go'

"When I started Breakfast, he was super lovely and supportive and he sent me texts and he was super nice. He's a really nice guy and I see him at the pub. There's no beef at all.

"He did [Radio 1 Breakfast] for eight years. Like, I couldn't leave The X Factor this year and then be like, 'Well, whoever's next year is shit'. He wasn't like that at all. He's great. I see him from time to time - we were tweeting this morning."

And Grimshaw admitted that he understands why some people initially gave him stick when he took over from Moyles.

"It was weird for me, who was doing the show, to not hear Moyles in the morning," he said. "So I can only imagine how weird it was if you're listening in your car, because at that time of day in the morning, you're quite on your own and you sort of rely on the radio and you have your routine, so you're listening at the same time and it becomes part of your routine, what time things happen, you're in the shower, you're in the car.

"I think it's such a big change, more than any other show I've ever done, so it did take a little while, I think. And I think it took people a while to get used to it, and I don't know if that was a personal thing or whether it was such a big change, but it definitely feels now like we've found our own spot and our own tone and honest to God, I love it."

Emphasising that he feels he's settled into the show now, Grimshaw continued: "When I started, Moyles and loads of people were like, 'It's going to take you two years to get into it and to make it your own', and I was like, 'Nah, they don't know what they're talking about'," he joked.

"And he was so right, he was so right. [But] for the last year or so it's felt like it's my own show and it felt like I've been in control of it. It's something that the more you do it, the more you love it, and luckily you get to do it every single day."
Last edited by neilt0 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]