The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Lovely interview, only problem I had was when Chris didn't go into more detail about the meeting with Ben, but I suppose I am selfish considering that most of the information he gave regarding that I wouldn't have known about without this interview.

mattpant wrote:Maybe he's saving all the juicy stuff for a new book sometime in the furture!

I really don't think this is the case.

I don't really care about what happened or Dave coming back. It's a shame for the show but I have moved on from it.
What raised my eyebrows was the fact that the Radio 1 bosses wanted to announce his departure from the station half hour after he finished his show. That shows a MASSIVE disrespect for him. It would show a huge disrespect for anybody in Chris' position.
"You've gotten us over 8 million listeners in a time when listenership is waining through technalogical advances, Now feck off you old fart. Say again? Oh don't worry about that, It's O.K. we will tell them in the next news bulletin. Now dissapear" I would be less than pleased if that happened to me. So fair play Chris for getting his way in the style he left.
Just got round to listening to this.
I think the dave question has well and truly been answered by the fact Moyles refused to give an answer. It's a shame because I do think the show misses an extra person to banter with.
Pippa and New Dave are quite reserved and mainly in the background thus far on the new show.

Also, Chris said that he'd been single for ages, yet in The Sun interview he said he had a girlfriend (who he didn't want to name)
Isn't that a massive contradiction? Not sure why he would lie about it, and I don't really care, it just confused me a bit.
Chris said during the interview that he feels he has been honest enough over the years to earn the right to decide when he doesn't want to reveal something. Whether it's Dave or a girlfriend, I reckon we should take him at his word and let it go. I also trust him over what is printed in the Sun etc.

So there's no girlfriend and Dave is running a production company.
The thing I find odd about the Dave situation, is if things were really as bad as we think they are, I'm amazed Dave could stand being in the same studio as Chris for the last x months of R1. I know their "relationship" wasn't what it was at other times, but they still laughed, shared a joke, bantered. I find that incredible given the supposed fall out.
Jane was Dave's ex at the time that pic was taken I believe, so maybe that somewhat diluted the situation a bit?

I don't think we'll ever know until one of the three parties involved writes a tell all book for the highest bidding publisher.
Really enjoyed the whole interview and found it hugely interesting. Had me engaged for the whole 45 minutes.

I know a lot of people are Comedy Dave fans, but Chris has handled the whole situation very professionally. Well done to him for treating all his team members past and present with great respect.