The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Nicola_Red wrote:
ChrisBoyles wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Thanks! I pride myself on being dictator-like, pedantic, boring AND immature all in the one package. And well done on spelling everything correctly in this post! I could always ban you for personal insults, though.

You really do get off on the power trip of being a forum moderator, don't you?
Truth hurts in my post, doesn't it?
No where in my post was there a 'personal insult'. I don't know or have ever seen you, so cannot 'personally' insult you, can I?
So, run along, and try again yeah?
Ps- Picking up typos = clutching at straws = must try harder, Nic.

If you think you have to have seen someone to direct a personal insult at them, you're sadly mistaken. All the things you said to me are insults directed at my personality, hence, personal insults. And I don't need to clutch at straws, I can ban you in two mouse-clicks if I want to. I'm not gonna do that just yet though, you're too funny.

And yes, the truth hurts so much, I'm actually dying here. Oh no, that's just my sides split from laughing at your ridiculousness. "Run along and try again"? Do you actually realise how pathetic you sound?

Here we go again, sob sob, can't intelligently answer or accept my points of you taking this moderator thing far too seriously, being self indulgent with your personal inferences and not understanding that people express opinions on a public forum, and out comes the power trippy 'I'll ban you' childish threats. It's a feature in every other posts of yours for various posters, which worryingly says so many things about you.
What points would you like me to answer? Seriously. If you have questions I'm happy to address them. I understand perfectly well that people express opinions on a forum. But calling someone a string of nasty names is not the same thing and it isn't allowed here.
Chris wrote:The photos they've used were not the ones originally referenced on the thread here. They probably had someone contact them looking to sell their photos taken on the same occasion, given the story last weekend.

The photos that were on Facebook appear to show a large group of people on holiday together, including Sandy (Beech - Music 4), Richard (Oliver - Jingle singer), Jayne and Chris. I'm tempted to repost them all as taken together they show a group trip abroad which Dave was probably originally going to be part of given the timing, rather than any seedy one-on-one holiday behind someone's back.

I'm sure that the original story in the paper has some merit, taken together all the speculation on this thread is a little too much to consider coincidence, and the most telling point is probably that Dave, who has written some amazing parodies and was credited as both a a lyricist and vocalist on the first "Parody Album", had nothing to do with the second - something I think we all agree it's worse for.

I haven't got the album, but is there really not a single mention of Dave anywhere on it, what not even in the booklet (if it has one)? This is all very sad, the special friendship (that they regularly reminded us of) between the 2 was fantastic to listen to and I hate how after all that time working together at radio 1, they now potentially hate each other, despite not that long ago being seemingly inseparable :(
Travis Bickle wrote:
chrysostom wrote:Just agreeing that the situation is tiresome.

I do have a 'fanboy twitter account', and I did tell people to retweet a message that everything in the press was lies. and I was also quite drunk from a night out. T'was a silly thing to do.

Sorry for the lack of argument you'll get out of me (both on here and arguing with my fanboy account). In future if you can always send a message to my personal twitter or here! Don't like tweeting from the fanboy account colloquially :)

I don't want an argument. I took October off from this site because of arguments and inflated ego's. I was just stating that what you agreed with on here appeared to contradict what you said on your fanboy twitter account.

Ha, you've basically come on and said I don't want an argument but...
Haha they're really enjoying the freedom now aint they. If I could take charge of a celeb twitter account for an hour I'd love it. Just to see how bad it gets. Complete strangers are easy if you treat them as fair game as they have done you.
It would appear that a 'blanket welder' is someone who engages in blanket welding, defined by the Urban Dictionary as

1. blanket welding 7 up, 4 down
Derived from the process of sheet welding (i.e. sticking two sheets together), refers to bed-based masturbatory activities, with the assumed consequence that the 'sheets' (substituted for 'blankets' for increased differentiation from the innocent metal-work activity), will be welded (i.e. stuck together with semen) together.
Ash: "Euurrggh Doug, is that your hand moving up and down under your covers?"

Doug: "No!"

Ash: "Don't lie, you're blanket welding again, aren't you?"

Doug: "Is it okay if I was thinking of you while I was doing it?"

Ash: "You're sooo not waking up tomorrow".
This one has obviously struck a nerve with Dave, which is a surprise when he has said on-air that he has received vile stuff about Nicole on twitter before and not reacted like that.

I had a look earlier at his mentions and, as he says, 99% of them are positive. As others have said, don't react to the twats and just block them.
There will always be people on Twitter who will try stuff like that. If it winds Dave up, he doesn't have to be on Twitter. Its not compulsory. I'm not saying its ok to be a tool to people, I'm just saying that the reality is that it will happen - accept that these brain dead arses are there and deal with it or go.
Fame has its price. Dealing with abuse and public attention is part of the price I'm afraid. The thing with Twitter is it takes less time to block someone than it does to reply to them 3 times so Dave either enjoys being wound up or isn't very bright.
Exactly, there's no need to engage with it but he seems unable to stop himself - so you have to assume he enjoys it.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]