The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
I think I seem to remember mentioning the 'Lennon McCartney' thing.

Sorry for those still trying to bury their heads, but something, if not the aforementioned story, has caused some sort of breakdown. It's just life.

Dave definitely sounded more subdewed in latter years.
Cm asking dave on the last show how he felt, he replied, to paraphrase 'tired. Tired-that's my overwhelming feeling'. Watch it back & feel the tension.

Has anyone from the 3 denied this?
Did chris go to dom's birthday?
Has dave toured with chris ? Why not ?
Has dave gone to see jcs?
Have they tweeted each other ?
Dave 'clean break' twitter remark ?

Something's happened. Things don't add up. Whether this lead to the deterioration remains to be seen. But they won't work together again.
ChrisBoyles wrote:Sorry for those still trying to bury their heads

Stopped reading after this oddly aggressive turn of phrase that you've used so often in your posts. But well done for surmising everything that's already been said about unanswered questions and posting is as if they're your assertions.

ChrisBoyles wrote:
Has anyone from the 3 denied this?
Did chris go to dom's birthday?
Has dave toured with chris ? Why not ?
Has dave gone to see jcs?
Have they tweeted each other ?
Dave 'clean break' twitter remark ?

Something's happened. Things don't add up. Whether this lead to the deterioration remains to be seen. But they won't work together again.

In answer to your questions:

No; however there is no written law that states you have to. They didn't issue any statements when Chris was photo'd on holiday with Jayne just after Dave and Jayne split up, so why now?

We don't know, only presume that he didn't. From reading between tweets etc you would say no; however again, unless you was there we won't know.

Since the tour was announced, all parties have said that Dave has work commitments and cannot tour. Admittedly these are yet to be seen (the jungle was the strongest rumour) but we have to take them at their word.

Same as Dom's party, we don't know, we can only presume. Dave doesn't appear to be one that broadcasts absolutely everything he does, and given he is working on a clean break, it wouldn't do him much good to highlight he is following his former boss around.

Unless you have access to their twitter accounts, and can see DM's etc, we don't know. I would also presume they know each other's mobile numbers. Again if Dave is working on a clean break, he might well wish to keep communications more private.

Dave has been Chris "stooge" for nearly 15 years, and as such has probably been paid as such. Whilst Chris has commanded the £500k+ salary, I would think Dave was on considerably less. Dave has to think of himself now; the steady income has been removed and he now has to launch himself as a number 1 (and get paid as such), not a sidekick. A clean break was inevitable; as much as we love them they were never going to do another Ant & Dec.

I agree that there was a deterioration in their relationship. The only people that know the real reasons are Dave, Chris and maybe some trusted friends. I would be fairly sure "a source at Radio 1" wouldn't know, as they seemed ultra professional, and wouldn't have took their home life into the office.

Maybe we should just leave the subject at that, at some stage in the future I am sure there will be some reasons that will come out and from there you can make judgement. But to base assumptions on what has happened on a half hearted, shoddy news story which had no real substance is fairly divisive and a waste of time and effort.......
ChrisBoyles wrote:Dave definitely sounded more subdewed in latter years..

I vote your spelling of 'subdued' my favourite thing about your post.
justlucy wrote:I had to log in just so I could reply to this because it's utterly ridiculous. For a start all of this is hearsay and we know absolutely nothing about it. But to just address the gossip for a moment:

Chris is friends with both Dave and Jayne. Jayne and Dave splitting up is sad, yes, but couples break up. Chris should not have to pick a side to be friends with and reject the other. What is this, the playground? It's completely acceptable for Chris to be friends with both parties and to suggest he has done something wrong by not 'picking' Dave and ignoring Jayne is just ridiculous. They are all adults, Dave is a big boy, he can deal with his friends still being in contact with his ex wife.

Ha! I was careful to state more than once in my post "In my opinon". And that IS my opinion. What you have responded with is your opinion.

Opinions are formed from each individuals life experiences and everyones opinion will often differ from person to person.

Yes, its hearsay, but hearsay with a lot of evidence to back it up.

So, stick your 'ridiculous' up your ring-piece, you can't tell me what MY opinion is.

EDIT:

justlucy wrote:Chris is friends with both Dave and Jayne. Jayne and Dave splitting up is sad, yes, but couples break up. Chris should not have to pick a side to be friends with and reject the other.

Just out of curiosity, have you nursed a best friend through a divorce? I'm guessing from your input you have not.

FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES, women are paticuarly nasty when going through divorce, but thats a whole 'nother topic of conversation, AND MY OPINION.
Last edited by dimtimjim on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your irrational reactions and general dictatorship of the forum, together with your obsessive pedantry and boring, child-like inferences to your personal life, are my favourite things about you, Nic. But my favourite thing about you in this thread is your dim-like faux optimism, which smacks of immaturity.
dimtimjim wrote:Ha! I was careful to state more than once in my post "In my opinon". And that IS my opinion. What you have responded with is your opinion.

Opinions are formed from each individuals life experiences and everyones opinion will often differ from person to person.

Reminded me of this:

ChrisBoyles wrote:Your irrational reactions and general dictatorship of the forum, together with your obsessive pedantry and boring, child-like inferences to your personal life, are my favourite things about you, Nic. But my favourite thing about you in this thread is your dim-like faux optimism, which smacks of immaturity.

ChrisBoyles wrote:Your irrational reactions and general dictatorship of the forum, together with your obsessive pedantry and boring, child-like inferences to your personal life, are my favourite things about you, Nic. But my favourite thing about you in this thread is your dim-like faux optimism, which smacks of immaturity.

Thanks! I pride myself on being dictator-like, pedantic, boring AND immature all in the one package. And well done on spelling everything correctly in this post! I could always ban you for personal insults, though.
dimtimjim wrote:I was careful to state more than once in my post "In my opinon". And that IS my opinion. Opinions are formed from each individuals life experiences and everyones opinion will often differ from person to person. Yes, its hearsay, but hearsay with a lot of evidence to back it up.

Tim, you didn't use the phrase "in my opinion" once in this post. You spoke as if the rumours were confirmed fact. People are not saying you aren't entitled to think a certain way or believe a certain thing - they're saying that you posted as if the rumours have been proven to be true, and that's a dangerous and potentially libellous way to write.

dimtimjim wrote:I'm sure Chris could come up with all sorts of imaginative arguments as to why this is acceptable in his eyes, but to me this is inexcusable behavior (ranked alongside 'climbing off' a sister/mother) and I can't help but hold him in lower esteem. I'm sure Jayne is a perfectly nice lady, but for Chris to not shun her under the circumstances of her break up with Dave - a great mate of over 15 years, is jus' not right. The pain caused to Dave, by Jayne, should have resulted in comraderie and support, not staying pally with 'the enemy'. Jus' as Jaynes friend should have rallied round her.

To me, this is wrong on every level and Chris should be ashamed. Glad i've not invested in either the album or tour yet, and I never thought i'd utter those words.
Personally, I would be wary of offering a general opinion which was purely based on my own individual set of experiences. My experience of supporting my sister in law when my brother in law left her is that men are selfish, self obsessed, uncaring, vindictive, spiteful and cruel bastards, and shit parents to boot - but I know that isn't universally true.
Nicola_Red wrote:Tim, you didn't use the phrase "in my opinion" once in this post.

Oh yes, sorry, I used "to me" and "and I must stress this is my personal opinion".

Good work for pulling me up on it tho...
However you did state as fact that Jayne caused Dave the pain in the breakup, while branding Jayne as 'the enemy' and inferring that 'the circumstances surrounding the break up' were ones which would call for unequivocal support of Dave and say all of these facts have led you to the conclusion that Chris is 100% at fault. You presented your evaluation of Chris' behaviour as opinion, while keeping the rest as fact.

Quite strong assertions given that we have no information on anything that happened between anyone, and also ignores that Jayne is quite good friends with Chris' brother & sister-in-law (at least given their interaction on twitter) and presumably Chris as well - which probably complicated what was likely already be a complicated situation.

I don't know what happened between anyone involved in this - but in my opinion, forming ideas about people based on speculation isn't the safest of games.
With a nod to my earlier post; this time with far less 'non-ellipses'.

We can't logically debate when we don't know any of the facts. So why debate? Whatever has or hasn't happened will come out in the wash at some stage. Then we can debate it.

Until then, it is all opinion, suspicion and waffle; exactly like the news story.
chrysostom wrote:However you did state as fact that Jayne caused Dave the pain in the breakup, while branding Jayne as 'the enemy' and inferring that 'the circumstances surrounding the break up' were ones which would call for unequivocal support of Dave and say all of these facts have led you to the conclusion that Chris is 100% at fault. You presented your evaluation of Chris' behaviour as opinion, while keeping the rest as fact.

Quite strong assertions given that we have no information on anything that happened between anyone, and also ignores that Jayne is quite good friends with Chris' brother & sister-in-law (at least given their interaction on twitter) and presumably Chris as well - which probably complicated what was likely already be a complicated situation.

I don't know what happened between anyone involved in this - but in my opinion, forming ideas about people based on speculation isn't the safest of games.

Pain is inevitable in any relationship breakup - I placed no blame on why they broke up and pain will have been equal for both parties. 'the enemy' was intended as a turn of phrase, looking at it from the CM side of things, dave would be 'the enemy' from anyone of Jaynes close friends (who in my opinion should be busy comforting Jayne, not hangin out with Dave).

You're damn skippy I don't know the full ins and outs of the situation, but t'was my 2p worth and I stand by it.

Stuff on the internet getting peoples goats up - whodathunkit.
chrysostom wrote:However you did state as fact that Jayne caused Dave the pain in the breakup, while branding Jayne as 'the enemy' and inferring that 'the circumstances surrounding the break up' were ones which would call for unequivocal support of Dave and say all of these facts have led you to the conclusion that Chris is 100% at fault. You presented your evaluation of Chris' behaviour as opinion, while keeping the rest as fact.

I agree with this, this is much more eloquent than my post! Quite likely the unnecessary negativity towards the woman in the scenario raised my hackles.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]