The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Yudster
neilt0 wrote:
stringer987 wrote:So Chris has been getting in there with Jayne! Possible reason why Dave doesnt really want to tag along with Chris anymore!

Let's say this happened, and clearly it didn't, do you not think the tabloids would be all over it, with photos and all?

Nothing to see here, move along.

It did happen though didn't it? Chris was photographed on holiday with Jayne - and, significantly, others - not long after she and Dave split? I remember the picture being put on here and Aled asking for it to be taken off, and I thought then how daft that was, given that the pictures had come off Facebook.

I thought at the time it was a strange thing (the holiday with your mates newly ex-wife, not removing the pictures from here), even if Chris and Jayne hadn't become a couple (which it would seem they hadn't and haven't). Still seems a situation fraught with potential for bad feeling though. I hope there wasn't any.
By Fathomer
Yudster wrote:
neilt0 wrote:
stringer987 wrote:So Chris has been getting in there with Jayne! Possible reason why Dave doesnt really want to tag along with Chris anymore!

Let's say this happened, and clearly it didn't, do you not think the tabloids would be all over it, with photos and all?

It did happen though didn't it? Chris was photographed on holiday with Jayne - and, significantly, others - not long after she and Dave split? I remember the picture being put on here and Aled asking for it to be taken off, and I thought then how daft that was, given that the pictures had come off Facebook.

I thought at the time it was a strange thing (the holiday with your mates newly ex-wife, not removing the pictures from here), even if Chris and Jayne hadn't become a couple (which it would seem they hadn't and haven't). Still seems a situation fraught with potential for bad feeling though. I hope there wasn't any.

From experience of real life- it could just be that Chris has remained good friends with Jayne (Kieran Moyles and his wife seem to be very very close to Jayne on twitter, talking about going out for meals, with the kids etc) and that meant Dave had to end his friendship with Chris. This happens all the time when couples divorce. The idea that Chris-Jayne had 'something' is probably conjecturer and rumour from people in a industry who are renowned for loving gossip.
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote:It did happen though didn't it? Chris was photographed on holiday with Jayne - and, significantly, others - not long after she and Dave split? I remember the picture being put on here and Aled asking for it to be taken off, and I thought then how daft that was, given that the pictures had come off Facebook.

Wot she sed. We don't know anything for sure, but either way, I find that bold bit freaking odd.
By Yudster
I don't have a problem with the idea that they are friends, but it was odd, so soon after the split, for them to be away together, even if not as a couple. I can't see any level on which if I was Dave I would have been comfortable with that.
By jdog55
I really really hope this rumour about Dave and Chris isn't true, it would really tarnish my memory of the show and definitely close the door on the show returning sometime in the future in its most recent form. On one hand I highly doubt the rumour, how could Dave and Chris continue with the show and the banter if there was any bad feeling there, how would Dom and Aled feel towards Chris if this had happened? But then the photo thing and Aled asking for it to be removed seems very iffy. It was through Chris that Dave met Jayne wasn't? Also do I remember Chris talking about having to go to Dave's first ex wife's second wedding?
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote:I don't have a problem with the idea that they are friends, but it was odd, so soon after the split, for them to be away together, even if not as a couple. I can't see any level on which if I was Dave I would have been comfortable with that.

Exactly, no 'couple' thing implied, even as chums i'd have had biiiiiiiiiiiig problems with it.
By MK Chris
The fact is no one has any idea what happened. Maybe it was a booked holiday and Dave felt uncomfortable going, but didn't want to lose out on the money, so transferred and sold the tickets to Chris if he got on with Jayne - could be anything.
Last edited by MK Chris on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By neilt0
Yudster wrote:
neilt0 wrote:

My point was that, yes they appeared to have been on hols together, but "it" didn't happen -- they didn't hook up.

Maybe the holiday was planned before Dave and Jayne broke up and the original plan was for everyone to go, Dave and Jayne included and when they broke up, Dave dropped out.

I say this as the person who actually posted the photos originally -- yes, it was me!
I may have said at the time, "this is a bit weird". But clearly, there was no fire, despite the smoke.
By Travis Bickle
Well, to anyone wondering why Dave doesn't like this forum, these couple of pages have demonstrated why perfectly.
By chrysostom
Well it's clearly a subject that is either sensitive due to truth being in the speculation, sensitive due to awkwardness around the implications of the speculation (and associated feelings that may be hurt) or sensitive due to the fact that newspapers might pick up on the links and publish it as a story.

Either way, chatting about it on here probably isn't the best idea because of the spin that could be put on comments.

Travis Bickle wrote:Well, to anyone wondering why Dave doesn't like this forum, these couple of pages have demonstrated why perfectly.

Exactly. The debate is whether as a forum, we should be free to discuss the issue - and whilst we should have the right to, it's probably good manners (and a matter of respect) not to.

Back to Chappers & Dave do Drivetime.

Last edited by chrysostom on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By neilt0
Travis Bickle wrote:Well, to anyone wondering why Dave doesn't like this forum, these couple of pages have demonstrated why perfectly.

Oh come on. We didn't go on holiday with his wife and post pictures on Facebook. Once that is public, don't expect people to ignore it. The net results of these discussions is "Well, nothing happened there". 102% of other forums would have made much more of it, not to mention they would be posting other distasteful stuff.

The discussions here are the most restrained and respectful I've ever seen on a fan site.

AND let's not overlook Dave's MASSIVE HYPOCRISY about slagging off celebs. Nothing made me laugh more than when he backtracked on all the shit he spouted about Kerry Katona et al as soon as he had to work with them when he went on Dancing on Icicles.
By dimtimjim
I'd agree with Neil, we are in the most part, respectful. Curiosity is a human trait for which I do not apologise. Were someone REALLY overstepping the mark, the rest of us would have that nipped in the bud smartish.
By The Deadly
Its a discussion that doesn't need to happen though. It's not any of our business and after being on very good terms with Chris and the team I wouldn't want to annoy them over something that may or may not have happened.
By dimtimjim
Deadly wrote: being on very good terms with Chris

OoooOOOOOooooh, who got took on stage to meet Chris...! :D
By chrysostom
dimtimjim wrote:OoooOOOOOooooh, who got took on stage to meet Chris...! :D

That's nothing, I'm on such good terms with the team that I got priority tickets to Chris' tour!
By Chris
You could also view that asking for the photos to be removed was in order not to cause his best friend Dave any upset from his recent split ... there are many ways to read a situation and I don't think we'll ever know the truth unless someone comes forward to clear it all up - and why should they. This was all years ago - I think if there were any fire to accompany the smoke we would have heard about it by now so should not try to perpetuate old rumours that really came to nothing.
By Yudster
neilt0 wrote:

Oh come on. We didn't go on holiday with his wife and post pictures on Facebook. Once that is public, don't expect people to ignore it. The net results of these discussions is "Well, nothing happened there". 102% of other forums would have made much more of it, not to mention they would be posting other distasteful stuff.

The discussions here are the most restrained and respectful I've ever seen on a fan site.

AND let's not overlook Dave's MASSIVE HYPOCRISY about slagging off celebs. Nothing made me laugh more than when he backtracked on all the shit he spouted about Kerry Katona et al as soon as he had to work with them when he went on Dancing on Icicles.

This. What absolute nonsense, the idea that commenting on something that happened is something we oughtn't to be doing? I'm not suggesting that Chris and Jayne ever had anything going - I'm certain if that had been the case we'd have been treated to the usual tabloid attention to a subject like that. Fact is though, it was a notable and unusual thing to happen, and is going to get noted and commented on. And as for Dave not liking that, well if he thinks we are hard on him just wait until the rest of the world gets going on him - which it will, if he goes down the reality show career path. A year of the kind of attention that will get him and he'll be begging for a bit of attention from us.
By chrysostom
*dusts off the absurd speculation hats, and puts it on*

SUPER INJUNCTION, IT'S A SUPER INJUNCTION!

*runs away*
By Travis Bickle
It always amuses me how people ignore the words that are written and just presume you meant something else. For the record, I can't make my mind up whether it's right or wrong to discuss this on here. I have chosen not to comment, but I haven't criticised any who has.

I was simply pointing out one of the reasons why Dave may dislike this forum. Which is what I said in the first place!
By ChrisBoyles
From experience of real life- it could just be that Chris has remained good friends with Jayne (Kieran Moyles and his wife seem to be very very close to Jayne on twitter, talking about going out for meals, with the kids etc) and that meant Dave had to end his friendship with Chris. This happens all the time when couples divorce. The idea that Chris-Jayne had 'something' is probably conjecturer and rumour from people in a industry who are renowned for loving gossip.

Agree til the last bit - don't think and ill feeling occurred or any friendship ended, given Dave keeps in touch with Jayne & that it was a group holiday & that nothing came of it
By benjiboy
I think there are 2 separate points here in this discussion.

Firstly, as many people have said it is only human nature for people to be curious about the team, and to speculate on issues. This is no different on all of the speculation of matters such as what Chris And the team will do next, what Radio station to listen to next, opinions on the show, opinions on guests etc. etc. where it oversteps the line is when it goes from speculation and opinion, to people making assumptions.

The second issue though, is one that in my opinion with a fan site is fairly rare, and that's that this site has a fairly good relationship with its subject, particularly with Aled, and the key is whether or not that relationship is worth jeopardising for the benefit of a bit of half-truth gossip? Nobody I think has said you are not allowed to talk about this, but equally the same people who move speculation on to the next level, can't turn around and throw their toys out of the pram if Aled comes on and says I'm not interested in participating in this forum any more because of the things you're saying about my friends.

Now I'm as guilty as the next person of being interested in a bit of gossip, when its surrounding people I am interested in, because I like to feel I know as much about that person or people as I possibly can, but sometimes I guess you have to look at the bigger picture and the importance of not stirring up a hornets next with that speculation, and being responsible for damaging relationships with the site and friendships?
By Yudster
I'm not speculating about anything though, merely expressing my incredulity that Dave was apparently ok with his mate going on holiday with his just-separated wife weeks after the split. I DO think its incredible.
By Emmy
For me it was Aled asking for those photos to be removed that gave the whole thing a slight air of suspicion in the first place. If that hadn't happened then I would have just assumed a similar scenario to the one others have already mentioned had happened e.g. Chris taking the place of Dave on a planned holiday because Dave didn't feel comfortable going anymore, and thought no more of it.

As for whether Dave 'likes us' for discussing his life or not, as the man himself would say, no one cares.

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]