The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
dimtimjim wrote:Ha! I was careful to state more than once in my post "In my opinon". And that IS my opinion. What you have responded with is your opinion.

Opinions are formed from each individuals life experiences and everyones opinion will often differ from person to person.

Yes, its hearsay, but hearsay with a lot of evidence to back it up.

So, stick your 'ridiculous' up your ring-piece, you can't tell me what MY opinion is.

I didn't tell you to form your opinion differently (and I'm quite aware it was your opinion), I just let you know that to my mind it was silly to be looking down on people and forming strong views when there are no facts are play. And I wasn't rude about it either - I didn't tell you to stick anything up your arse. If you offer an opinion, it is there for other people to discuss and dissect, this is a public forum.
Nicola_Red wrote:
ChrisBoyles wrote:Your irrational reactions and general dictatorship of the forum, together with your obsessive pedantry and boring, child-like inferences to your personal life, are my favourite things about you, Nic. But my favourite thing about you in this thread is your dim-like faux optimism, which smacks of immaturity.

Thanks! I pride myself on being dictator-like, pedantic, boring AND immature all in the one package. And well done on spelling everything correctly in this post! I could always ban you for personal insults, though.

You really do get off on the power trip of being a forum moderator, don't you?
Truth hurts in my post, doesn't it?
No where in my post was there a 'personal insult'. I don't know or have ever seen you, so cannot 'personally' insult you, can I?
So, run along, and try again yeah?
Ps- Picking up typos = clutching at straws = must try harder, Nic.
ChrisBoyles wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:
ChrisBoyles wrote:Your irrational reactions and general dictatorship of the forum, together with your obsessive pedantry and boring, child-like inferences to your personal life, are my favourite things about you, Nic. But my favourite thing about you in this thread is your dim-like faux optimism, which smacks of immaturity.

Thanks! I pride myself on being dictator-like, pedantic, boring AND immature all in the one package. And well done on spelling everything correctly in this post! I could always ban you for personal insults, though.

No where in my post was there a 'personal insult'. I don't know or have ever seen you, so cannot 'personally' insult you, can I?

How much power does a forum member have exactly??? The ability to change usernames is one power and if I was moderating I would have changed your name to Moany McNoknickers by now.
chrysostom wrote:The amateur psychiatrist of the week award goes to...

Watch your mouth. That award is MINE! MINE I TELL YOU! MINE!!!!!!!
Deadly wrote:The whole situation is quite tiresome and I've given up caring about it. For members of the general public to be outraged about something they know nothing about is amusing though.

chrysostom wrote:^+1

What are you agreeing with chrysostom? You seemed pretty outraged by this on Saturday morning when you said on your fanboy twitter account that it was all lies and asking people to retweet it despite admitting you had no evidence.
Just agreeing that the situation is tiresome. It was a good point from deadly about how this thread is just the same thing being said again and again.

I did tell people (from my fanboy account) to retweet a message that everything in the press was lies. and I was also quite drunk from a night out. T'was a silly thing to do.

Sorry for the lack of argument you'll get out of me (both on here and arguing with my fanboy account). In future if you disagree with something I'm writing on the fanboy twitter, you can always send a message to my personal twitter or here (using your fanboy profile, on a fanboy forum) as I try not to tweet personally from it. Unless drunk :)
Last edited by chrysostom on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrysostom wrote:Just agreeing that the situation is tiresome.

I do have a 'fanboy twitter account', and I did tell people to retweet a message that everything in the press was lies. and I was also quite drunk from a night out. T'was a silly thing to do.

Sorry for the lack of argument you'll get out of me (both on here and arguing with my fanboy account). In future if you can always send a message to my personal twitter or here! Don't like tweeting from the fanboy account colloquially :)

I don't want an argument. I took October off from this site because of arguments and inflated ego's. I was just stating that what you agreed with on here appeared to contradict what you said on your fanboy twitter account.
If I was having an affair with my friends ex wife and extremely rich I think I'd choose somewhere less public than a bar in Cyprus.
There are more questions than answers in this scenario and until Dave, Jayne or Chris run out of money and need to sell the story we'll never know.

What if Chris was being a friend and looking after Jayne whilst her and Dave had time apart? What if Dave asked Chris to take her away for a while as he trusts Chris so much? What if while they were away and as time went on Chris and Jayne became close friends and Dave got jealous? Of course none of what i said is fact. its merely the other side of the story that nobody seems to be interested in. There are so many uninformed opinions in this thread that it hurts my brain every time I read a new one.

I'll be the first one to admit it, I'll get the ball rolling. I know absolutely no facts about the Dave, Chris and Jayne scenario and never will. It's embarrassing for the site that so many bullshit, no nothing opinions are thrown out there in what seems like an hourly basis. Why don't we all just stop talking about it until we know something?
There's so many possible and plausible explanations. Maybe they were all meant to be going on holiday, and Chris and Dave fell out over something to do with the upcoming tour, so Dave didn't go on holiday? Would explain why he's not doing the tour, and why he wasn't on holiday. Even though Dave and Jayne have long since split up, they could still have planned to go on holiday together with the rest of them if their relationship is/was very amicable.
This isn't news -- we saw those photos yonks ago. There were other photos as well, including IIRC, everyone on a boat. I think Richard The Jingle Singer was there as well. There's no speculation of him being "too close" to anyone though, is there?

At the time, I just figured this was a big group holiday with friends, one of whom dropped out because he had split up with his wife. I don't know the timings, but it's the kind of thing where one would expect one of the separating parties to still go on the holiday.

Whether there's anything more to this, I'm sure will eventually come out. Perhaps in 50 years when everyone's popped their clogs...
chrysostom wrote:Well, the mirror have now gotten hold of the Facebook pics (possibly through the OP?) and run the story.

http://mirr.im/T3KxNe

(if this link shouldn't be here, remove ASAP!)

Had never seen the infamous pics until now. They look innocent enough. Based upon what's written, they certainly weren't trying to be secretive about the holiday. And she tweeted about the trip when she got back home. Seems to me whatever the apparent reasons for Dave and Chris's falling out (if there has been one), I don't think this trip was the catalyst. There really is not much that we can say based upon this one story, so all this is just speculation and a bit pointless.

At least that's my opinion.
justlucy wrote: I didn't tell you to stick anything up your arse.

No, you told me my opinion was ridiculous - same thing.

justlucy wrote: If you offer an opinion, it is there for other people to discuss and dissect, this is a public forum.

Couldn't agree more. Thats the beauty of the world, variation; If we all thought/did the same thing the world would be a boring place.

And if anyone is thinking I have formed some sort of irrational hatred for Chris, you couldn't be more wrong. I'd still use words like 'legend' and 'hero' to describe my feelings of Chris, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything the man says/does. My personal view is that he's made a wrong decision on this one (yes, based on specualtion/rumour, whatever) and has gone down in my estimation, but from where he started, thats still ruddy high. Example: You have £1,000,000, and lose £5, you still have £999,995, which is still lots. And if any of you think I wouldn't voice this opinion to Chris' face, again, you're wrong. Would he pay any attention to my views, prob not, but we do have freedom of speech here and I used it.

Deadly wrote: It's embarrassing for the site that so many bullshit, no nothing opinions are thrown out there in what seems like an hourly basis. Why don't we all just stop talking about it until we know something?

People should be able to comment on things which aren't strictly proven one way or the other - its whats kept Christianity (or religion in general) alive for so long.

Anyway, bored of this now. I'd edit my original post to prevent more 'outrage', but its been over quoted already and I have nothing to hide or feel ashamed of.
the sniper wrote:What makes me laugh is that some tosser 'journalist' from The Mirror has probably had to spend hours reading through our nonsense to find enough content for these articles... 8)

But there isn't anything in the article that looks remotely like it originated here. Nothing. Not a damn thing.
the sniper wrote:What makes me laugh is that some tosser 'journalist' from The Mirror has probably had to spend hours reading through our nonsense to find enough content for these articles... 8)

Isn't that just called research though?

Yudster wrote:
But there isn't anything in the article that looks remotely like it originated here. Nothing. Not a damn thing.

Given that there's a link to the original Jayne/Dave thread & reference to the photos, I just assumed that they contacted the original poster as opposed to someone contacting them - I've not seen the story elsewhere either (and this site would have found any online reference to it!)

I doubt they'd want to credit cm.net for giving them the story if they did get it from here (not that the site would want the credit...)
ChrisBoyles wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Thanks! I pride myself on being dictator-like, pedantic, boring AND immature all in the one package. And well done on spelling everything correctly in this post! I could always ban you for personal insults, though.

If you think you have to have seen someone to direct a personal insult at them, you're sadly mistaken. All the things you said to me are insults directed at my personality, hence, personal insults. And I don't need to clutch at straws, I can ban you in two mouse-clicks if I want to. I'm not gonna do that just yet though, you're too funny.

And yes, the truth hurts so much, I'm actually dying here. Oh no, that's just my sides split from laughing at your ridiculousness. "Run along and try again"? Do you actually realise how pathetic you sound?
The photos they've used were not the ones originally referenced on the thread here. They probably had someone contact them looking to sell their photos taken on the same occasion, given the story last weekend.

The photos that were on Facebook appear to show a large group of people on holiday together, including Sandy (Beech - Music 4), Richard (Oliver - Jingle singer), Jayne and Chris. I'm tempted to repost them all as taken together they show a group trip abroad which Dave was probably originally going to be part of given the timing, rather than any seedy one-on-one holiday behind someone's back.

I'm sure that the original story in the paper has some merit, taken together all the speculation on this thread is a little too much to consider coincidence, and the most telling point is probably that Dave, who has written some amazing parodies and was credited as both a a lyricist and vocalist on the first "Parody Album", had nothing to do with the second - something I think we all agree it's worse for.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]