The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
It is sad to think that there is a lot of truth in this, but that's life.

And I cant say I never noticed any on air tension or anything like that. I even padi extra attentinon the final recorded shows, and they were making lots of eye contact when others were talking and seemingly enjoying themselves. Nothing concrete, but thats usually not a sign of tension.
MadTheEddos wrote:Didn't Chris split up with Sophie about a year(or a bit less) before Dave and Jayne split up? I don't remember him saying he's been seeing anyone since.

Yep, Chris and Sophie split in late 2010 and Dave and Jayne not til late 2011. But do you really think if he was seeing Dave's ex he'd mention that on air, or indeed anywhere in public?
Huh, just listened to the podcast where Dave announced he was to be a father. :( Twas also the podcast where it was disclosed by a loving Jayne that Dave described himself as 'the meat' in his duvet the previous night.

This is all too sad. The shows completely dead isnt it.
Not sure how much truth there is in this. I thought Dave and Jayne were on fairly decent terms anyway, I seem to recall he helped her move house not that long ago.
A married couple broke up. This is not unusual. A pair of mates who were also close work colleagues seem to have had a falling out. This isn't unusual either. Its sad, but its really all very commonplace.
Someone commented underneath one of the online stories that Chris' new agent must be a good one, as it's convenient timing that all of this has come out in the papers just when he has an album and tour to promote. I must say that thought has crossed my mind too. As they say, all publicity is good publicity.
Emmy wrote: As they say, all publicity is good publicity.

Generally, that is true, but it's not in every case. It can kill careers and businesses.

This is not the worst thing to happen, but I don't see it as a net positive. For anyone.

I'm expecting a few yells or chants of "Where's Dave?" and/or "We Want Dave!" at the Live Shows. :?
neilt0 wrote:I'm expecting a few yells or chants of "Where's Dave?" and/or "We Want Dave!" at the Live Shows. :?

I expect so too. I was thinking along the lines of people wanting to attend the tour in case there's some kind of question and answer section where they could ask about this story, or just on the off-chance that Chris would make some reference to Dave (seems unlikely).
I agree with what some people have said, there's no way they could have pretended on air that they still liked each other for so long.

If this is true, and I've not made up my mind if it is or not, then I don't see what Dave's problem is. Jayne isn't his wife any more, and she can be friends with whoever she wants, even if it's his best mate.
I have wondered for a while if there has been a big fall out between Chris and Dave and it is very sad if this is the reason. I thought it may have been because Chris had decided to leave the show and Dave may not have been fully on board with the decision and wanted to carry on for longer.
Chris went on holiday with Jayne, and other friends last year didn't he? Dave didn't appear to have a problem with their friendship then and he does seem to still have a great relationship with Jayne, I know Nicole will play a big part in them keeping on good terms but surely if Dave wasn't happy with Chris and Jayne's friendship he wouldn't just take it out on Chris, would he......? I do think that the are genuinely just friends and don't believe that there is anything else going on between them
csk87 wrote:I hope this is BS. Watching Chris on This Morning speaking about the tour he does mention Dave not doing the tour because he has work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WASr0l_cRDE#t=311s

Just after the show ended Dave said on twitter that he was making a "clean break and a fresh start" so wouldn't be appearing on the tour.
Travis Bickle wrote:
csk87 wrote:I hope this is BS. Watching Chris on This Morning speaking about the tour he does mention Dave not doing the tour because he has work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WASr0l_cRDE#t=311s

Just after the show ended Dave said on twitter that he was making a "clean break and a fresh start" so wouldn't be appearing on the tour.

Which is definitely not the same thing. If he has no actual work to do during the tour, this is Chris making excuses for the absence of his Head of Comedy.

I'd like Dave to be a Junglist Backup or a regular on 5 Live, but we haven't seen much evidence of that yet.
i saw this yesterday morning & i just thought it was paper rubbish as lets face it they do make up stories to sell paper & moyles said on sunday brunch he hadnt spoke to him dave becasue he been extremely busy with the jesus tour, then the album but i did find it strange that when leeds beat everton in the league cup in october i expected chris to send a twitter message gloating but only Rob DJ did

it would be a real shame if they did fall out as they are great together as it would be like ant falling out with dec
Nicola_Red wrote:But do you really think if he was seeing Dave's ex he'd mention that on air, or indeed anywhere in public?

Obviously not - which is kind of what I was pointing out, if they were seeing each other his lack of disclosure about his love life would fit.
I don't think Dave will ever get away from the "Comedy Dave from the Chris Moyles' show" tag.
That's what he's famous for and always will be no matter what.
It is a shame because Chris and Dave were the best duo on the radio and I miss that every day.
swaddon1903 wrote:Dave has worked with Chris for 15 years and probably wants to do his own thing now, and just be 'Dave Vitty', rather than 'Chris Moyles' sidekick, Comedy Dave'.

If the alternative is ""Comedy" Dave Vitty, Reality Show Contestant", I would say its a poor swap. Hopefully he will do more radio broadcasting like his 5Live stuff. Much more up his street and surely preferable for his own self respect.
Yudster wrote:
swaddon1903 wrote:Dave has worked with Chris for 15 years and probably wants to do his own thing now, and just be 'Dave Vitty', rather than 'Chris Moyles' sidekick, Comedy Dave'.

If the alternative is ""Comedy" Dave Vitty, Reality Show Contestant", I would say its a poor swap. Hopefully he will do more radio broadcasting like his 5Live stuff. Much more up his street and surely preferable for his own self respect.

Agreed, no reason why Dave can't go down the Chappers route. He's always sounded great on 5 Live IMO and has much more personality and wit than Chappers as well.
chrysostom wrote:The reason why Dave can't do a Chappers is because Chappers has a journalism background and is an informative broadcaster who interviews well and knows how to moderate a debate. Dave has none of those qualities, and pretty much only knows about football.

Small editing gap to come