The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
im happy.
im on the xfm transmitter on 97.7. and according too the artical. london and manchester will have the show live. so if chris can get 2 milllion listeners on fm. I think we should consider it a success.
By David
http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/monday-21-september/

Full line up:

Chris Moyles 6.30-10am
Vernon Kay 10am-1pm
Dan o'Connell 1pm-4pm
Johnny Vaughan 4pm-7pm

I think some of Moyles's fans will struggle with the music a bit:

Radio X will be home to the world’s freshest rock and guitar-based music, playing the biggest songs from these genres. Regulars on the playlist will include Florence And The Machine, Mumford And Sons, Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, The Maccabees, Radiohead, Nirvana, The Smiths, Royal Blood, Kasabian, Catfish And The Bottlemen and Kings Of Leon.

Radio X will champion new music, taking over from XFM, which has been instrumental in breaking acts including Royal Blood, The xx, Arctic Monkeys, Jamie T, Kings Of Leon, The Killers, Everything Everything and Biffy Clyro .

Radio X will launch right across the UK on Monday September 21st at 6.30am with a new multi-million pound national advertising campaign. In the coming months, Chris Moyles will hit the road with some of his favourite bands and artists to bring listeners across the country a series of exclusive live music events. The strapline for the brand new Radio X is “Get into the Music”.

I think we're in for a very different era of Moyles - I'm looking forward to it, but I can see some people absolutely hating it.
By nade
David wrote:http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/monday-21-september/

Full line up:

Chris Moyles 6.30-10am
Vernon Kay 10am-1pm
Dan o'Connell 1pm-4pm
Johnny Vaughan 4pm-7pm

I think some of Moyles's fans will struggle with the music a bit:

Radio X will be home to the world’s freshest rock and guitar-based music, playing the biggest songs from these genres. Regulars on the playlist will include Florence And The Machine, Mumford And Sons, Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, The Maccabees, Radiohead, Nirvana, The Smiths, Royal Blood, Kasabian, Catfish And The Bottlemen and Kings Of Leon.

Radio X will champion new music, taking over from XFM, which has been instrumental in breaking acts including Royal Blood, The xx, Arctic Monkeys, Jamie T, Kings Of Leon, The Killers, Everything Everything and Biffy Clyro .

Radio X will launch right across the UK on Monday September 21st at 6.30am with a new multi-million pound national advertising campaign. In the coming months, Chris Moyles will hit the road with some of his favourite bands and artists to bring listeners across the country a series of exclusive live music events. The strapline for the brand new Radio X is “Get into the Music”.

I think we're in for a very different era of Moyles - I'm looking forward to it, but I can see some people absolutely hating it.

Guess it depends what he's managed to get sorted with any contract....

But gawd forbid... he may have to play Nickelback.
By Nicola_Red
The music itself doesn't bother me as much as their history of repetition of tracks. If you think R1 is bad for heavy rotation, wait til you hear X - at some points it seems like they play a Foo Fighters track every half hour. Given that their brief is pretty wide, their playlists in the past have been weirdly limited. I dunno what that's about but let's hope they're addressing it in this revamp.

Also amusingly, dring the Foos' original tour dates earlier this year (before Dave broke his leg), they were talking endlessly about the gigs, but being very careful not to mention the date on which they'd played the R1 Big Weekend. Can't think why!
By James H
Nicola_Red wrote:it seems like they play a Foo Fighters track every half hour.
I am OK with this. So long as it's not the same song! :D

Time to invest in a DAB radio, can't wait to see this return to a hive of activity again!
By bwfcol
Long time since I posted on here. This is AMAZING news, so excited.

Superb that Dom is involved, such a shame Dave won't be involved even as a guest now & again, a nice quote when Chris said "He couldn't replace him".

Pippa was BA at the end of R1 show wasn't she? Any idea what she went on to do next? She must be quite young!
Nicola_Red wrote:The music itself doesn't bother me as much as their history of repetition of tracks. If you think R1 is bad for heavy rotation, wait til you hear X - at some points it seems like they play a Foo Fighters track every half hour. Given that their brief is pretty wide, their playlists in the past have been weirdly limited. I dunno what that's about but let's hope they're addressing it in this revamp.

Also amusingly, dring the Foos' original tour dates earlier this year (before Dave broke his leg), they were talking endlessly about the gigs, but being very careful not to mention the date on which they'd played the R1 Big Weekend. Can't think why!

I saw Foo Fighters on Saturday night. Well worth the wait, although Dave Grohl being sat down for 2 and a half hours was massively disappointing. Obviously not a lot he could do though.
By chrysostom
G-Sizzle wrote:Johnny Vaughn is a great signing for the station.
His Talksport shows are brilliant, hopefully they continue despite him going to RadioX

I don't think they will - I know Josh Widdecombe left after producers at XFM made him choose between Fighting Talk & this weekly show (which was really good) after I bumped into him at Ed Fringe. I think they're taking their talent very seriously & want their presenters to be exclusive in terms of radio.
By Nicola_Red
bwfcol wrote:
Pippa was BA at the end of R1 show wasn't she? Any idea what she went on to do next? She must be quite young!

Yeah, she was on the autographed pics we got at the live goodbye show, albeit photoshopped in as she'd been with the team such a short time. I'm not sure what she's been doing since - anyone follow her on twitter?...
By Nicola_Red
FYI for those of us who did editing/uploading/clipping, I've posted in the discussion thread in sound requests (it's still sticky) so we can talk about techy stuff for the new show over there.
By bwfcol
Yeh, I didn't think she was with the team for long and producing Greg is decent pedigree, Chris must have liked her from their brief time together.

It's been called The Chris Moyles Show & Sandy Beech has confirmed he's writing jingles for the show

Dom has Tweeted to confirm although everyone knew
Oh happy happy days. I read the announcement on Digital Spy, came over here and just read through this whole thread.

Moyles is Back.
Dom's joining him.
Pippa's producing the show.
No Dave or Aled.
Hopefully no Carrie or Tina.
Sandy doing jingles.

It's everything I could ever have wished for. Shame I can't pick up the station so buggered if I know how I'll actually listen to it, but that's not dampening my elation at this present moment :D
By James H
One thing that made me sad is that apparently Global have confirmed the DAB stream will be 80kbps mono. That's an abysmal bitrate for MP2. I'm tempted to abandon my DAB plans and just stream it from their app.
By James H
Hopefully it'll be on DSAT with a decent bitrate. Is XFM currently on it?

Edit: It's on Sky/Freesat, 160kbps Joint Stereo. This is where we should record from if possible!
Last edited by James H on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By d000hg
There's so many new posts in this thread I'm missing links, to know which bits are official and which are confirmed.

Is it possible the original post (or a new one) could be updated with "what we know" and "what is rumoured"? So many comments on co-hosts it's hard to keep up!
By wireman2004
the music doesn't seem that bad when in my view. alot of radio 1 music seems to be noise. its like it was constantly the rock show. with a 1 direction track thrown in.

is johnny vaughun really that bad. chris menrioned in 06 he wanyed too meet the guy as they hadn't actually met. so did chris respect him off air and the johnny yawn bit was for radio.

intresting one. whats doms job??? its not actually said he is the newsreader. could he have signed and joined chris as the new dave???
hand overs are gonna be epic. may get a bit tedious after a while. we will go from moooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnniiiiiinnnnnnggggggg. to hello big man. (squeeling the man)

I would like too go out on a limb.
first gag.
role out the first verse of the cheesy song. and he cuts it off just before it says radio 1. and goes into his new opening jingle. old into new.

if sandys doing the jingles. do you think he is using richard and the other jingle singers he had. (well they only need the change the name from radio 1 to radio x. so just use the old jingles)

love that he is able too do what he wants. free reign basically.

can I have a cms request. (is it you we can ask nic or are you not a mod anymore)
could we have a new rss feed for replay of the new show. I have enjoyed listening too rhe new shows and having a podcast feed on the phone so I can download the show.
By Nicola_Red
wireman2004 wrote:can I have a cms request. (is it you we can ask nic or are you not a mod anymore)
could we have a new rss feed for replay of the new show. I have enjoyed listening too rhe new shows and having a podcast feed on the phone so I can download the show.

I am still one, but it's Mr Harris that needs to set that up. I've posted in our site contributors thread about sound clipping so when he responds to that I can ask him about the rss feed. I don't think he's around every day at the moment.
By Nicola_Red
d000hg wrote:There's so many new posts in this thread I'm missing links, to know which bits are official and which are confirmed.

Is it possible the original post (or a new one) could be updated with "what we know" and "what is rumoured"? So many comments on co-hosts it's hard to keep up!

I can start a new thread - do people think we need one? I guess it was all rumour when this one was started, so it's become a bit confusing to follow.

Tuesday show is up