The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Badger Mark
TPullen21 wrote:Jelly for us is Jell-o for you. It's basically Jell-o with vodka mixed in with it before it sets :).

When I heard that bit in the show, I assumed they were referring to Jello shots. Good to see this confirmed.

I had no idea this thread even existed! I'll have to keep in mind next time I hear a reference to something or someone that leaves me clueless. To be honest, when I first saw the thread title, I thought it might be questions asking about stupid things that Americans do. Lord knows, we do a lot of dumb things.
By jeddeth
dimtimjim wrote:Dis $hit ^^^

Mix with 25% less water and top up with Voddy and leave to set as normal.

Great way to piss the kids off at a party when they get confused as to why they aren't allowed the jelly (jell-o).

Thanks everyone! We do call those "Jello Shots," they are very popular here too, haha.

Ok next question.... what the hell is a bolteen? I don't know if I'm spelling it right, but that guy in the commercial needs a bolteen, he's holding out for a bolteen lamb tikka tonight? Is that the name of a restaurant or a delivery service website or something?
By Topher
Balti! It's a type of curry invented in Birmingham (not Alabama).
By jeddeth
Thanks! I did some research and found that it's this dumb advert for Just Eat, which I am guessing is a delivery website. In New York the biggest one is "Seamless." Nonetheless, I had no idea what they were saying, I thought it was a fast-food restaurant called "Justice" or something.

Also I looked up Balti on Seamless and only found 3 restaurants in New York that even offer it on their menu! Odd for something that seems so common in the UK. But to be honest I've never see king prawn balls on a menu either.
By Topher
Balti is really a UK thing I think, I'm surprised that any over there do it.

Just Eat is an online ordering service for small independent takeaways.
By Topher
Good luck - Cat will only have a balti in Birmingham, even the restaurants here in Milton Keynes don't do it to the satisfaction of a Brummie, so a ready meal is... brave - you may well like it, but I bet it won't be a balti.
By foot-loose
jeddeth wrote:I found Balti at the supermarket (sort of)... gonna have it for dinner tonight haha.

That's literally the best of British in one meal. All that's missing is some bulldog gravy and some royal seasoning.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]